Breast feeding support classes

Siany1982

Reaction score
Had problems breast feeding my first baby, only managed 10 weeks, due ot drying up, cracked, bleeding nipples and Mastytus (cant spell) ... So wanted to go to a group in my area for support and to also find new friends in my area... So found a class through my MW, and turned up, after no sleep due to panicking all night about meeting people etc to find that the class had been stopped due to cut backs, so so annoyed and embarrassed... Anyway, I asked where I could go and they said somewhere that is a 30 minute drive away, hardly somewhere to meet people in my area, also it was a group at a hospital, thats a one off class, so not a weekly support group... :-( So really disappointed...
Siany1982

my local group was run by a load of bf mums and the place they held it has closed :( hoping my mw will be able to tell me if they have a new venue or not yet!

maybe you could see if there's something like that around your area, and if not, start one!

Oh thats a shame. Our support group meet in church hall every Friday morning. I even got a home visit a couple of weeks ago. I've decided not to go to meeting till after baby born - last time I managed 14 months breastfeeding and I too had blisters, cracks, bleeding, engorgement and mastitis - its not easy this breastfeeding malarky thats for sure! I dont think many people go to meetings at all, out wee town is too small. Hope you find a local meeting place soon. Maybe ask your mw or health visitor for other groups. Maybe baby massage class?? I will deffo go back to that.

my local group was run by a load of bf mums and the place they held it has closed :( hoping my mw will be able to tell me if they have a new venue or not yet!

maybe you could see if there's something like that around your area, and if not, start one!

Thats harsh, they always bloody make cuts on the important things...
I hope u find another group asap...
Siany1982

Oh thats a shame. Our support group meet in church hall every Friday morning. I even got a home visit a couple of weeks ago. I've decided not to go to meeting till after baby born - last time I managed 14 months breastfeeding and I too had blisters, cracks, bleeding, engorgement and mastitis - its not easy this breastfeeding malarky thats for sure! I dont think many people go to meetings at all, out wee town is too small. Hope you find a local meeting place soon. Maybe ask your mw or health visitor for other groups. Maybe baby massage class?? I will deffo go back to that.

My midwife hasnt exactly been the most helpful of people to be honest... But will try her again when she finally comes back from her holiday... lol
Sheers hun
Siany1982

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back