• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

breast feeding at 4 weeks......

Huddsgirl

Reaction score
Just a quick question to those who breastfed.
How regular should a breastfed baby be eating and should they be getting a pattern and a routine by now???

They tend to have settled by 6 weeks, however growth spurts can cause them to feed much more regular.
Just stick to feeding on demand and she should soon settle down.
The first 6 weeks are the hardest and it should get easier from then on.

Nope... Lil miss is nearly a year old and still feeds at random intervals. :lol:

Getting into a routine with a booby baby is nigh on impossible, there are a few babies that fall into a nice routine, but most don't.

You might be able to get your LO used to getting up at the same time everyday, and have the same routine at the same time every night and they will more or less fit their feeding in around that. But the minute a growth spurt comes along that will probably all go out the window for a while.

People still see feeding babies in a scientific view which was introduced with formula. A certain amount of milk, a certain number of times a day, at certain times a day depending on the age. But bfing is far more live and let live. The rules that apply to ffing don't apply with bfing.

My mum had me in a bfing routine where I fed every 2 hours, but then she bf'd at a time where 99% of women ff'd. So she just did what she was told... It worked for her. It would never have worked for me. You do what works for you and your LO :)

But if your LO doesn't like being in a routine with feeding don't force it. If your LO is hungry just feed them.

At around 4 weeks lil miss was feeding every hour so 24 times a day. :lol: Then she was only feeding around 3 times a day and now she feeds about 8 times a day :) Its all hit and miss and I just go with the flow.

I b/f on demand until about 5mths... eventually we settled into a 3/4hr feeding pattern and she had a bottle before bed... we just fell into it didnt try or force it.

each LO is different but at 4wks I would definitley still feed when its needed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back