breast/bottle

jayla's mummy

Reaction score
hey ladies, im starting to think about what form of milk to use when my baby arrives. i was just wondering of i can combine breast and bottle. eg. bottle in the day and breast at night. has any one else done that? should i just useone form?
xnatx

I am thinking of combining the two also.

I have been told it is possible to do but the less you use the breast the less milk you produce so the chances are you will end up just bottle feeding.

Your body is very clever in making enough milk for your baby but in the early stages it can be fooled into thinking it doesn't need to make very much. It is important to allow your baby to feed as much as possible both day and night in order to get your milk established. Once this has been done ( I would say after 3 months but I may be wrong) then you can start thinking about introducing bottles... even if you wait this long once you introduce bottles your body may think the milk isn't needed and you may be forced to stop feeding sooner than you wanted to.

are you thinking about introducing bottles to allow someone else to feed the baby> if this is the case then you may consider expressing breast milk to give to the baby - but I can say from experience that the middle of the night is not the time to start thinking about warming bottles! if your breastfeeding its so simple to feed the baby in bed and then get on with sleeping! (ImHO)

If this has put you off breastfedeing just remember than any breastfeeding is better than none to enable your baby to get the colostrum.
Hope that helps

thanks huns, i was thinking of combining the both so that my partner and family didnt feel so left out. but thank you for your messages.
xnatx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back