Breakfast cereals

mermaid

Reaction score
Just wondering when I can give LO normal wheat cereals such as weetabix? How much sugar is too much? I'm confused on this one! :D

Nic'n'Keeley said:
Hipp do they own "Hipp a Bix" :)

Jake has Hipp a Bisc too. They are like Weetabix but made especially for baby's. They sell them in the baby food ailse(in Asda anyway).

I got told 6 months for stuff like weetabix! The Hipp ones are good too but I would have thought weetabix would be a cheaper option! :D

Harry has weetabix or ready brek, you DON'T add any sugar or salt to any of their food!! If you want to sweeten it up you can add things like apple puree or banana

HV told me on friday that from 6 months Lewis can have any cereal that we woukld have as long as it is not sugar coated like frosties, sugar puffs etc. She said the best ones are weetabix, cornflakes and rice krispies just let them soften up a bit first.

Nathan loves his weetabix and has that most days but he likes ready brek too. I just give him normal weetabix.

Conal has a weetabix or wheat biscuit(cheap version) too i don't add sugar like princess puddles says don't add sugar or salt to anything

Heather

Princess_Puddles said:
Harry has weetabix or ready brek, you DON'T add any sugar or salt to any of their food!! If you want to sweeten it up you can add things like apple puree or banana

I was talking about sugar in the weetabix themselves! Most cereals have a certain amount of sugar and salt in them to start with :?

Fin has porridge oats some mornings but I want to introduce wheat cereals which is why I was asking about them. Sounds like it is ok then to use the ones which aren't overloaded with sugar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back