Break

Charm

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm thinking of booking a 2 or 3 night mid week break in December to Edinburgh. I want to get all festive and have something to look forward to and a few nights away from it all will be great.

Has anyone ever been to Edinburgh in December? What's it like?

Does anyone know of any good hotels in the city centre?

Any advice welcome :D

Cx

depends how much money you want to spend ive got friends and family up there,capital hotel is nice but it can be a bit pricey,i'll get the link for you :D

Hi

At the bottom of the link for the Residence website you can click on their other hotels - The Bonham is fantastic! We have had our room upgraded twice and the restaurant there is fabulous as well, even if you don't have your dinner there your breakfast will be first class.

Another looovveerly hotel is the Scotsman, very central. http://www.thescotsmanhotel.co.uk/

Edinburgh in December is lovely. If you get some nice crisp days you'll get great views from the Royal Mile and you'll be able to do lots of Christmas shopping if you want to.

HTH

Lucy

Hi

I can recommend the Scotsman. Stayed there last year with OH as treat for his birthday and to see Faithless. Lovely place, really nice rooms and dead central. :D

H

xx

my nan lives on The Royal Mile and we go up and visit every year just before christmas, I would definately reccommend it, the German market is on and theres an ice rink in the gardens in the city centre. It's very atmospheric.

I'm so excited I love christmas, just need a hotel now. Can I stay with your Gran Ellie :wink:

Think I'll have a good search tonight whilst DH is out watching football.

Thanks for all your help girls.

Cx

I went to edinburgh a couple of weeks ago and we stayed in the novotel just down the road from grassmarket and princes road /street? It was lovely and their steaks were to die for mmmmmmmm *dribbles*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back