Bread and butter pudding

bbee

Reaction score
Majorly craving it but heard you can't have it because of raw egg or something? Has anyine eaten it? Is it safe?xxx

Hey a shop brought one should be fine and you heat again before eating? Xx

If it's cooked properly it should be fine though surely?! Hmm not heard that one to be honest, but thinking about it I could quite easily go a bowl of that right now!! Lol maybe like bbaby said you could stick to a shop brought one cos that could possibly of been commercially frozen at some point and you'd reheat it anyway!! Maybe check with your MW?

Omg I want one now!!!!! With custard!!! Hmmmmm

Thanks ladies :) it's the best pudding ever!!!!!!xx

Raw egg in bread and butter pudding? I thought it went in the oven?

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

Mmm lurrrve bread n butter pudding :) It's cooked though so would be fine to eat I would imagine x

Raw egg in bread and butter pudding? I thought it went in the oven?

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

Jus what I've heard

Perfectly safe and easy to make just use slightly fresher bread.and make surr you cook for long enough. You put buttered bread slices in layerswith rraisins sprinkle sugar and cinnamon if u like cinnamon on then layer up in a Pyrex dish. Then in a seperate bowl beat 3 eggs and milk till completely mixed then pour this over bread n raison layers then pop in oven around 25-30 mins. It shouldn't be runny really just soggy as that's from milk you will be able to see. Can also add sprinkled nutmeg too x

Perfectly safe and easy to make just use slightly fresher bread.and make surr you cook for long enough. You put buttered bread slices in layerswith rraisins sprinkle sugar and cinnamon if u like cinnamon on then layer up in a Pyrex dish. Then in a seperate bowl beat 3 eggs and milk till completely mixed then pour this over bread n raison layers then pop in oven around 25-30 mins. It shouldn't be runny really just soggy as that's from milk you will be able to see. Can also add sprinkled nutmeg too x

Mmm delicious!!! Thank you!!xxx

I'm sure it would be fine, because with all baking you cook your ingredients so the eggs will be raw when they're being mixed but they will be cooked when the cake comes out of the oven! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gzmndrea
Back