Braxton Hicks

dpsrm

Reaction score
All day today my belly has been really tight, like someone is blowing a balloon up inside me and it's reached it's full capacity. (only way i can think of to describe it).

I've read that B/Hicks come and go but today it's been constant.

Do you think it's BH I'm experiencing?

I've got an antenatal appointment this afternoon anyway and I'm going to mention it then but I was wondering if anyone else has felt like this

thank you
:)

ive been feeling this all week hun, they say its meant to be just uncomfortable but sometimes ii really cant move when im having one. i was having one the other night and i couldnt move and my partner thought that i was in labour. silly moo moo
xnatx

I was going to ask a question about BH too - I don't know if I've actually had any yet :think: I've had sort of period pains in my belly and my belly has went hard at the same time, but it didn't feel what I would imagine a contraction to feel like. I thought a BH was like an unsore contraction? I think I've just really confused myself :wall:

I've had lots of braxton hicks some painful and some not. My bump gets really hard with them.

I have been having them every 10 mins since 4 this morning and they have now started coming every 5 mins since lunch time. I get this pretty often at least 2 or 3 times a week and they last all day - its really tiring and Im gonna sneak off work an hour early today to get a bath and crawl into bed - Im shattered !!LOL!! :sleep:

"like someone is blowing a balloon up inside me and it's reached it's full capacity", that's exactly how they felt for me dpsrm, so think they are BH :)
Just remember Braxton Hicks are good, because it's your uterus warming up for labour, for better contractions :wink:

So can BH's come at 28 weeks? Or does it not matter as it's not an actual real contraction to worry about?

I never had braxtons with my last pregnancy with this one they have been ongoing.
They are really starting to hurt too sometimes it feels like i'm about to pop(literally) like someone said an inflated balloon.

i never had BH with my first either but with this lo i have had them since 28 weeks, mine have never been painful or achey. my bump goes hard and feels bloated for about 2/3 mins and then relaxes and this goes on for about 1-2 hours a day. my OH thinks its weird cus when im havin one i say feel and belly is rock hard and then 2 mins later he feels and its soft again.

xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back