Braxton Hicks

Lexusno1

Reaction score
Ladies,

Just wanted to know if any of you are having this already, especially if it isn't your first pregnancy?

I've been having them for a few weeks now and it's getting quite intense and breath taking for a second or two at times but what worries me is that I'm only 18 weeks. I didnt know you could get it so early but i've read that you can get them from 15 weeks.

Do you reckon its normal? Once they're over I feel fine but they just feel quite harsh. Baby seems happy as the kicks and punches are getting stronger and more frequent so not too worried about that but just makes me wonder if i'll end up going into labour before I'm ready to later on??

xx

Hey Hun I thought I was turned out to be a uti and since taking anti b's it's stopped maybe pop your self down docs just to rule out a uti!! X x x

Hmmm, good idea. Never thought of that. Can't believe that because this is my second baby and I had no complications I won't see my midwife until 28 weeks pregnant! The last time I saw her was 16 weeks! It's then that you would normally have your wee tested for UTI's and things. I may just make an appointment anyway.

Iwas going to say i have never felt braxton hicks that rly but thats not to say you cant, I dont feel baby's kicks ealy either i am only just feeling the light tapping every couple of days about 1 or 2 taps thats it. I have had a prem baby a 33 weeks and never felt braxton hicks with him, all my children have come at least 1 or 2 weeks early aswell, so i dont think that feeling them early is linked but i not a doctor just saying what hapened to me, i would agree with smess though and get checked out just incase. they are long gaps between midwife appointments I think its too long, i have made extra appointments before because i needed the extra reassurance after having a premmie baby the midwife was fine with it, so i'm sure yours will be too.

Thanks M.O.M. I'm gonna make an appointment this week. Saying that, I have been getting a little dull pain in my back on the left hand side, right about where my kidney would be so I wouldnt be surprised if I had an infection or something actually.

Thanks for the advice x x x

Tars what happened to me too long between midwife and urine infection!!! :( it was tightenings that made
Midwife worry lol good luck Hun xx

Get checked for a uti first. Or you could just be experiencing the norm. Everyone is different. This is my first baby also.
In saying that, I've has Braxton hicks since I was 19 weeks n still get them now.
They uncomfortable the bigger u get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back