Braxton Hicks..Or Panic?

x_PlaceboDanii

Reaction score
Im trying not to panic, but it was pretty scary. :(

Early hours of this morning, well it was around 3am-ish i finally got into bed ready to go to sleep, i woke up half an hour later with these horrible pains in my stomach that slowly went around to my back, they lasted for a while but then died down, and then the same would happen again around 10 minutes later..I was huffing and puffing through them..Im surprised my OH didn't wake up as i do this shaky thing with my legs when im in pain!

Ive had one today, but since ive been to the toilet (For a number 2..sorry! hehe) ive been okay, but my god they hurt so much i have to grit my teeth or move around until the pain stops!

Are these the legendary braxton hicks or should i panic that something is wrong?..I have my midwife appointment in 2 days so Im thinking about mentioning it to her and seeing what she says?..I just dont want to go on and ignore the pain and something be wrong with little man

Thanks ladies :)

Ouch! It does sound like bh's, or maybe if you did need to go to the loo, because everything's all squished up it was moving about?

I've been having bh's and yours sound like what i've had - flippin' painful! Definitely mention it to your midwife though just to be on the safe side

xx

I would mention it to your midwife honey :) she will know, in the menatime soft hugs to you xxx

I had these at 24 weeks ish, my midwife friend told me that BH shouldn't really hurt and you definitely shouldn't need to breathe through them. Mine was a UTI, I got antibiotics. I'm glad I didn't ignore it. It could of course be just one of those things but get it checked out. xxx

Sounds like trapped wind! This is really painful and spreads around the back. Th first time it happened to me I fainted, the pain was so bad. Hope you're OK now.

Well i haven't a clue what it is, but everything seems fine today lol! :D

Pleased to hear that it's ok now, must have been worrying x

im so glad you posted about this!!! yesterday i had the exact same thing! it was actually excruciating! i was utterly convinced i was losing the baby. it happened twice and lasted about 10/15 minutes each time. but not had it since. and babys been moving and heartbeat is fine on the doppler. but oh my god it was agony!!! how far along are you???
i reckon it might just be growing pains for me. im 19weeks and 2 days gone and so far not had much bump but the last few days its been getting alot bigger all of a sudden, think the pain might be related to that! xx

im so glad you posted about this!!! yesterday i had the exact same thing! it was actually excruciating! i was utterly convinced i was losing the baby. it happened twice and lasted about 10/15 minutes each time. but not had it since. and babys been moving and heartbeat is fine on the doppler. but oh my god it was agony!!! how far along are you???
i reckon it might just be growing pains for me. im 19weeks and 2 days gone and so far not had much bump but the last few days its been getting alot bigger all of a sudden, think the pain might be related to that! xx

Well, i had the midwife today and she got his heartbeat straight away so i know now everything was fine, must of just been a one off type of pain :). Im 24 weeks and 5 days now :)

glad to hear midwife found heartbeat no bother. dunno what i would have done without my doppler. i deffo would have panicked and went to the hospital lol xx

Could it have been ibs? Ibs pains REALLY hurt sometimes and only usually properly go away when yo finally go to the toilet but when you do finally go its such a relief and it seems to just burst out (sorry bit gross but telling it like it is lol)

i googled it yesterday and it said its round ligament pain and very common :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back