Braxton Hicks (and sex!) TMI

kitty2016

Reaction score
Sorry if TMI guys but just need some advice!

So me and my husband had some sexy time last night for the first time in weeks. It was all great until I felt him go in at a 'different' angle and I swear to god he poked the baby... :eh:
Before you say it, I know this isn't physically possible, haha! But it didn't help that I had a maternity appointment yesterday morning and MW pointed out where baby's head was laying. I felt a HUGE sharp pain that didn't go away and was kind of like cramp? I didn't want to kill the buzz so didn't mention it.
I thought it would be OK afterwards but for the NEXT 4 HOURS I was in agony. I'm currently sleeping propped up with pillows as I'm not comfortable at night anyway but I honestly felt like I was about to poo myself! And it hurt!

My tummy was extremely hard and hardly gave any relief all night. It felt like I desperately needed to poo (felt like when you get the runs) but that I was extremely constipated . This wasn't the case.

I was googling my head off and scared myself numerous times... But most of the answers that were coming up were that I was probably experiencing BH.
Does this sound like an accurate representation?

FYI I'm 34+5 and MW reports baby is currently 4/5 engaged. I'm just really hoping it's not a sign of early labour - it definitely felt like how I imagine contractions would feel!

Last edited:
Its totally normal to have BH after sex but the pain and lasting so long sounds less normal. Has it gone away totally now? If you keep getting the same feeling I would get checked out. Feeling like you need to poo can be caused by contractions. Pregnancy is full of strange aches and pains and chances are its nothing to worry about but symptoms of preterm labour are worth checking out because it can often be easily stopped if you dont wait to long.

Totally normal to get some kind of bh or uncomfortableness after sex not sure it should last that long or be really uncomfortable so I would say if you still have it give the mw a call.

Sorry if TMI guys but just need some advice!

So me and my husband had some sexy time last night for the first time in weeks. It was all great until I felt him go in at a 'different' angle and I swear to god he poked the baby... :eh:
Before you say it, I know this isn't physically possible, haha! But it didn't help that I had a maternity appointment yesterday morning and MW pointed out where baby's head was laying. I felt a HUGE sharp pain that didn't go away and was kind of like cramp? I didn't want to kill the buzz so didn't mention it.
I thought it would be OK afterwards but for the NEXT 4 HOURS I was in agony. I'm currently sleeping propped up with pillows as I'm not comfortable at night anyway but I honestly felt like I was about to poo myself! And it hurt!

My tummy was extremely hard and hardly gave any relief all night. It felt like I desperately needed to poo (felt like when you get the runs) but that I was extremely constipated . This wasn't the case.

I was googling my head off and scared myself numerous times... But most of the answers that were coming up were that I was probably experiencing BH.
Does this sound like an accurate representation?

FYI I'm 34+5 and MW reports baby is currently 4/5 engaged. I'm just really hoping it's not a sign of early labour - it definitely felt like how I imagine contractions would feel!

How are you doing now? Been a few hours since you posted and wondered if you felt any better? I'm 38 weeks tomorrow and baby is only 2/5 engaged.

It was just for those specific 4 hours.
I've not been able to stop thinking about it all day, just in case it happens again! It's made me a bit scared to have any more sex now to be honest!

Thank you all for your concerns - I'm definitely feeling normal again now (well, as normal as I can!)

Glad you're feeling better now, I got bh after sex too but not constant like this sounds. Btw if your 4/5, the mw means she can feel 4/5 of the head still which means only 1/5 engaged. Likewise for 2/5, that is how much she can feel so you are 3/5 engaged. I went for weeks thinking I was 4/5 engaged and then got really upset at an appt when she said I was 3/5 engaged, I thought I was going backwards! She explained she meant that 3/5 was still palpable. So confusing!

Glad you're feeling better now, I got bh after sex too but not constant like this sounds. Btw if your 4/5, the mw means she can feel 4/5 of the head still which means only 1/5 engaged. Likewise for 2/5, that is how much she can feel so you are 3/5 engaged. I went for weeks thinking I was 4/5 engaged and then got really upset at an appt when she said I was 3/5 engaged, I thought I was going backwards! She explained she meant that 3/5 was still palpable. So confusing!

I read that too but MW actually said "only the last bit to go, he's nearly ready" which confused me!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back