Boys Clothes

Rosebay

Reaction score
Hi,

given that I've just heard that August is going to be even hotter than July :shock: I'm trying to find some very cool clothes for Elliott. His baby girl friends are all in light thin cotton dresses and shirts and pants/knickers but I can't seem to find a boy equivalent. T shirts are actually thicker than these lighter cotton tops and I know I shouldn't feel odd about it but I do get looks from old ladies etc if he's out in just a T'shirt showing his nappy. With a patterned wrap (with a resuseable nappy) it's ok as they look less like nappies but do you know what I mean or am I just being funny? Anyway even so a light cotton shirt (preferably without buttons down the front) would be useful plus boy pants if they exist. Has anyone seen anything like this?

Ta!
+++

There's always more girlie stuff and far more practical too in comparison to boys' stuff! I get quite upset - can never find Oscar anything different. Always just the same thing in different colours...ARGHHH

Sorry - cant help. In summer here it short and vest! The hats are dead cool here though! Makes up for it. :D

Emilia xx

Brody has a couple of rompers, which are great in this weather, other than that I put him in a T shirt and shorts, but as soon as we get home I strip him off again.

what about some blue vests. I wouldnt worry about him bearing his nappy, the old dears are probably wondering where they can get a fancy wrap for their tena pants.

Anyway even so a light cotton shirt (preferably without buttons down the front) would be useful plus boy pants if they exist. Has anyone seen anything like this?

ruben has acouple of cotton shirts with buttons down the front, these were bought in H&M. i've never seen any boy's pants in a size smaller than 1 year in the shops here in the UK, so i stocked up when i went to norway a couple of weeks back! now i have actually managed to find some from a size 6 months here as well, in the vetbaudet catalogue! well they're maybe not specifically boy pants, but pretty gender neutral i reckon anyway! click HERE
the pants are great for just covering up the nappy and holding it in place without having to wear a vest!

Why not get a wrap to go over your nappies...you may decide to convert.... :lol:

Ella is mostly in her nappy and that's it. If we go out I put her in a vest top and she's still sweating in that, too hot for any of her dresses. This weather is nasty :wall:

I stick noah in baby grows from pumpkin patch, they look more like tshirts cause they dont have those anoying envelope necks which I hate but cover his nappy too. They look lovely. Then if I want him to looked a bit more dressed up to go and visit people or something I have got these great shots from H&M they are really thin and lightweight and the legs button down so they can be little light summer trousers too.

edit:Or just a thought, mothercare do vest baby grows, that way they are wearing even less but have the nappy covered.

In the house Damien just wears his nappy, when we go out I put some shorts on and a light t-shirt, but strip him off as soon as I can. Not bothered about peoples looks really, I know it's looks a bit scruffy, but as long as he's cool then never mind! xx

Thanks for your ideas ladies. I might try getting some shirts I think- I have some vests that fasten underneath and he tends to be in those at home a lot but I worry about the chafing from the buggy straps when we're out. I should be more hard-headed about the old lady syndrome I know! Kina- he's mostly in reuseables but I tend to put him in disposables when we go out as it's easier to deal with the pooey ones, especially if we're in the park under a shady tree as we have been a lot recently! Mind you he's in fluffles and they're pretty thick for this heat as well!

Thanks again
+++

Rosebay said:
tend to put him in disposables when we go out as it's easier to deal with the pooey ones, especially if we're in the park under a shady tree as we have been a lot recently! Mind you he's in fluffles and they're pretty thick for this heat as well!

I would say the cloth nappies are probably cooler then disposables, they are cloth whereas disposables are paper and plastic which are warmer. Try a fleece warp, that draws the moistuire out and allows it to evaporate, very cooling :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back