Bottle feeding teat flow

Hellokitty

Reaction score
How do I know when I need to move on to the next flow rate for bottle teats?

Only asking because Maia tends to gulp alot of air with her milk and I wondered if its because she's wanting to drink faster than the teat allows her?

I mean she is the size of a 10 week old! :?

What size is she on now? I had Nathan and Aimee on size 2 since birth and then put them onto size 3 when they were about 15 weeks cos they were getting frustated while feeding.

I used avent bottles whn Keeley was a young baby so i just followed there guide i think it went that you change at 1 month, 3 months then 6 months but i'm not sure :?

I would change them but still keep the old teats as she mite not drink if the milk is comin out to fast for her :)

nic & keeley said:
I would change them but still keep the old teats as she mite not drink if the milk is comin out to fast for her :)

Yeah i agree! I put Aimee on to the vary flow briefly and although she was drinking the milk she threw it all back up again cos it was too fast for her.

Thats interesting

The teats we have at the moment are all newborn size 1's that came with the bottles.

Oddly though she tends to throw up much more after a breastfeed than a bottle feed. So maybe she is ok at the moment with the number 1's.

Perhaps I should give the 2's a try and see what happens? :?

rhys is still on size 1s and hes 6 months old!!! ive never tried him with bigger teats but he seems to be fine with size 1

willow was on size 1s until she was 2 months she is now on size 2 and i will be putting her on size 3 soon as it is taking her a long time to feed.

with her water bottle i will keep it a size behind, although avent to a drinking cup suitable from 3 months so i am thinking about giving her that so she will tell the difference between her milk and water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back