Boring question :-)

sally12

Reaction score
Hi everyone :wave:

I was just wondering if your OHs go with you to your MW appointments? My DH wants to come with me for my 16 wk appointment and im wondering if the MW will think it is strange! :rotfl:

Thanks for any replies x

Brian has been to both my scans and my booking in appointment.

Its not very exciting but i think its normal

Hi there,

No its not a strange question! My husband came to a few of mine just so to hear baby and know what was going on.. most women you find go on there own or if they have kiddies take them with.. so taking your partner is only natural.

My midwife was totally ok with it and she said to me it was nice to see a male with there partner.

I say good on you and enjoy all the experiences you can together.

Take care
Kathy x

Thanks girls :hug:

Hubby doesnt want to miss a thing. He says that he would have the baby himself if he could :rotfl: To be honest I wouldnt be able to handle all of his moaning! There is a reason why it is the women who have the babies :rotfl:

James has been with me to all my appointments and the M/W doesn't mind, think they like to see the dad's getting involved and supporting their partners

i took hubby first 2 times, but hes not going to come again- lots of people take their partners (and he came to gp and has never missed a scan) but its along way home from work for him for 5-10min appt which i usually book in my lunch hour. it wont look strange tho- most people seem to xx

Hubby has been to scans but not to MW appts.
Only really cos I get paid time off work to go but he doesnt...I think he would prob have come to my 16 week one (which is actually this week as MW is away next week) to hear Junior's heartbeat if we didnt have our own doppler, but I dont think there will be anything else exciting going on this early that he needs to come for really. I guess he might come to later ones if he wants to/can miss a few hours from work without too many problems, but I dont mind going by myself even then, I quite like that its just me and the MW in some senses.

My partner doesnt come to MW appointments either but he came to both scans. He would be there if he got paid to take time off to come with me but he doesnt lol.
To be honest i quite like the one on one appointments with the MW !!

My OH comes to all my MidWife appointments and scans. My MidWife did comment at our first appointment that it was really nice to see him there aswell. x

My DH went to the booking in appt with me to meet the midwife and obviously came to the scans but because his work are strict about him going to these appts, the midwife did say dont worry if he cant make all of them although she did say the 16 week appt is nice for the dad as they can hear the heartbeat. But we have a doppler and DH has heard the heartbeat loads so prob wont bother xx

I didnt realise that we get to hear the heartbeat at the 16 week appointment - how exciting! :cheer:

DH only works 5 mins away from docs and I can arrange for a lunchtime appointment so I think I will let him come with me! :angel:

Thanks girls :hug:

rich comes with me to all scans but no midwife appointments. i would love it if he could but he cant get time of as easily as me from his job :(

My OH has been to every MW and doctors appointment so far and both scans. He has just started working about an hour and a half away so won't be able to come to any more and he is gutted. He really wanted to see when the MW starts having a proper feel and he always asks to hear the heartbeat. I love the fact that he is so involved and will miss him input at my remaining appointments as he always remembers to ask questions I've forgotten!

my husband goes to as many as he can, but he works offshore so he cant be at them all. I think he wants to be involved as much as he can manage. He loves it, asks the midwife more questions than me, you would think he was pregnant. :shock:

My OH has come with me too all of the appointments!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back