booked my 1st midwife appointment !!!

tinkerbell*

Reaction score
hey everyone!
i know this is a very common topis post, but i cant seem to fine one so..... hehe

went to doctors today and have got my 1st midwife appointment booked for 28th Dec ! WOW

the doctor told me it will be 40mins long.
i was just wondering, what will she do??? what will happen in these 40mins?

im so nervous!!! hehe but excited

Congrats, it starts to feel even more real when you have your own midwife doesn't it!

Last time my appointment was just under an hour, she filled in lots of forms, asked all of my history and general health details, asked what kind of birth I wanted, even if I wanted to breastfeed! Then she gave me a bounty pack and that was about it. There was no examination or anything

xx

Hi,

I 'm not sure what'll happen either. I have mine on Sunday and am wondering the same thing. It's a bit nerve wracking really!

x

Mine was 15-20 minutes, whizzed through the paperwork, took a few notes, we discussed possible places of what/where/how I had in mind to give birth and paperwork was filled out for that and that was it.

I had bloods etc done at 12 weeks. I'd had my BP taken a few days before by the GP and my weight was recent also.

They don't examine you at your booking appointment as a rule.

My Midwife asked lots of questions regarding my medical history & OH's history, She should also be taking some blood from you to check everything is fine. I was given a bounty pack & lots of literiture. It lasted about an hour, i got on with her really well so made her a second cuppa tea lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back