booked baby shower

Positive37

Reaction score
So . After being indecisive about what to do.bbw at home etc I have now booked a local tea room and ill.be 38 weeks.
Its.only £ 13 and we get afternoon tea.and glass of champagne. ..everyone iw coming to me first for.drinks.i have 10 confirmed so far so really chuffed.
Will be low key not gonna do games im bit old for rbat but may do everyone a.little gift on day.

Did anyone else.plan there own? Xx

I kinda did with my mum... But thats cos im a control freak and like things done particular ways haha!
I helped her think of games an i though of the favours for everyone aswell and helped her make them.

i also printed off the menus to go with the invites so ppl could pick food if they wanted to eat.
my mum made in invites, but i watched hahaha!

i wasnt there when she set up the room tho and she did a lush job with banners, balloons and table decs l.

hope u have a fab day hun :) Xx

I'm doing my own, just at my house. Also having one at my mum's in Reading but my friend is helping with that one.
Im planning a few simple games, cava and cake for food with some sandwiches probably. Hoping it's sunny and we can sit outside. Not expecting many people as I don't have that many friends who live close enough. Was stressing but just going to hope people are happy to sit and chat mostly!! Xx

Thanks girls..yea i just wanna see friends before bubs comes along so very low key....umbongo i plan to sit and chat.im good at that xxxx

Im having mine on Saturday, just at my house. My mum and best friends have helped organise it. we're having mocktails, tea (in China cups) and nibbles and homehome made cakes (as long asvi can actually decide on what to bake other than lemon drizzle lol).
Im really excited to get together with the girls....it shows doesn't it :D!

Sounds lovely kara i really wanted to do it at home but cant do it till 38weeks as house being painted and friends busy so took asy option.mind u i am gonna do pre drinks at mine mocktails like u and wine so imcan show off nursery.should be done by then.
Wearher is good for weekend too hope u enjoy xx

Mine is this saturday, its so exciting isnt it. I haven't done my own even though it is in my house. Three of my close friends have organised it, I know nothing besides I need to vacate my house at 12 and be back for 1.30!

You're lucky to have organisers Vic! I've not lived here all that long so a bit short on local friends, luckily a few are travelling to come. I just realised I need to order some decorations etc so having to finalise numbers, Looks like about 10 people, might be a squash! Hope people don't expect too much!!!

You're lucky to have organisers Vic! I've not lived here all that long so a bit short on local friends, luckily a few are travelling to come. I just realised I need to order some decorations etc so having to finalise numbers, Looks like about 10 people, might be a squash! Hope people don't expect too much!!!

I know, I am so overwhelmed at all the trouble they have gone to to sort this for me.

I think 12 are coming to mine, not sure if they will all fit but we have garden chairs haha.

Im sure no one will expect anything and you will have an amazing time :)

Thanks Vic, I'm sure you will too. Some people have offered to bring food plus I have another one two weeks later in my old home town at my parents and my friend is helping organise that, bless her. And my step daughters are coming to that one xx

Some people. Don't even have them....I dont even expect presents.its just not.me i just. Want.all my friends. Together. ....2of my friends offered. To.take.over my house for me.but I know id want to help hence why booked tea rooms xx

I don't think I'll have a baby shower. I've a few great friends here but they all don't know each other. They will all come and visit us once the baby is here so it will be great to see them then :)
I completely understand when people plan their own baby shower! I would also prefer knowing what's going to happen and just plan it the way you like it. xx

I don't think I'll have a baby shower. I've a few great friends here but they all don't know each other. They will all come and visit us once the baby is here so it will be great to see them then :)
I completely understand when people plan their own baby shower! I would also prefer knowing what's going to happen and just plan it the way you like it. xx

Most of my friends don't know each other... It's going to be interesting!! ;-)

Ha I want I want . actually hope I get few presents haha

No-one had asked about presents so no idea if I'll get any. I don't mind really, lovely for people just to come. Although it would be nice, as long it's nothing hideous! ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back