Booked a 4d scan:-) only to be met by negativity!! :-(

millie15

Reaction score
I was getting so excited about it.....then OH tells me the 3d pictures "look freaky" and that it is a waste of money.
Then my mum says she thinks the 3d pics are really weird "like something from the holocaust"!! :shock: And wouldn't the money be better spent on something else. MIL thinks it's dangerous and says that we've already had too many scans (3!) :shock:

I am using my birthday money to pay for it - so it's no-one else's money!! I thought really long and hard about and got many different opinions - all my friends who had them when they were pregnant really recommended them. I really want to have the sex confirmed as well as they told us before that it was 'probably' a girl. I feel really sad now and have told my OH he can't come. :cry: I might ask one of my friends to come as well because at least I know they will get excited about it - do you think that is being mean to OH? :evil:

OH will come round im sure, he wont want to miss something like that.

I had an extra scan, coudlnt have a 4d one as I was to far gone, Corey was to big it was pointless at 34 weeks aparantly. So I had a normal private scan they measured him etc, and confirmed it was a boy etc.

I know some people say you shouldnt have lots of scans, but im sure nothing has been proven one way or the other...

Go for it. If OH wants to go, let him. If not Take a friend. Ignore MIL and your Mum... they dotn reaslise what they said hurt you!

Oh hun, I know how you feel. My family in law have been so negative about us buying baby doppler and having private re-assurance scan at 19 weeks ( my anomaly scan wasn't booked until 23 weeks ). I completely ignored them since it was me who paid for it.. by the end of the day, it is your decision, you are the one carrying this baby around for months not them. Don't let them get you down and go for it! :dance:
Hope you have a great time with who ever decides to come along :hug: :hug: :hug:

Well in this pregnancy I will have had to have at least 8 scans at my hospital so I doubt they are THAT dangerous tbh.

Also, I have my own doppler and I've been told to use the doppler if at any time I'm worried re movements etc as me getting stressed would affect the baby worse than the doppler. So again, unless it's being used 24/7 I wouldn't worry too much!

If I had had the money and a scan facility near to us I would have had one done, unfortunately we added it all up and with scan, train fares for family and food as would be a long day it just wasn't feasible :(

I'm sure your OH will come round and if he don't, choose a friend and have a girly day out to go with it!!!

Sarah xxx

Its not dangerous and Im sure OH will come round. But if not then yea take a friend instead. Theres no reason why you should miss out :hug: hun.

ignore them all hun it will be lovely for you see ing the baby :D enjoy it :hug: xxxxxxx

My husband was exactly like this said it was a waste of money and he was told that the babies look freaky, but we have literally been back about 10 mins from ours and he loved it and has been on the phone to his mum raving about it. Men are just stoopid lol. Ignore him, i ignored mine and went for it anyway and i loved every min of it i am just about to put a post up with my pics. :D

Hey darling, my OH was exactly the same we had a quick 4d at the standard measurment scan but she was in awkward position (here your only given one scan at 20 weeks) she yawned and it totaly creeped OH out lol. he wasnt keen on having the one we had yesterday incase it looked the same and he wasnt able to see the "cuteness" but it was the best thing we could have done and he was so in love with her and started crying becuse he was so proud and she was so beautiful. i took his sister incase too as she was very exited and a close friend but we was all so happy and amazed. now OH is more involved if you like bacause he sees how real everything is now. :hug: :hug: he will come around and he will LOVE the 4D make him come xxxx

Aww why do people think its ok to be so negative and nasty when people are pregnant!? Pregnancy, wedding ets people go crazy and say things that they really have no place saying! Fair enough OH may feel that way but he doesnt have to say it in such a way and mothers should butt out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back