Book Recommendations?

Pumpkin9

Reaction score
hello everyone,

new to all of this and i'm looking to get one book initially that's a guide to pregnancy and perhaps birth as well.

Just wondering whether anyone has got any recommendations for books they've got or used that are really good?

not really sure what i'm looking for but i've just done a quick search on amazon and there are 6,000 results!! argghh

TBH i found the free one i got from the hopsital at my dating scan really helpful. It has everything in from conception to after birth xxb

I've got what to expect when you're expecting, it's ok, tells you the basics, & the baby whisperer for later on is great x

Yeah my mum paid for a book for me that was realyl expensive and it had the same if not less stuff in that the NHS one for free. You can get alot of apps on your fone now for free that let you no what to expect and whats happening inside with your baby :) i have the what to expect app and its fab! Spesh with the countdown to duedate aswell :) xx

ok thanks for letting me know, i'm probably jumping the gun abit but i always get abit obsessed with stuff (wedding, house move etc.. etc..) - call me old fashioned but i like having a book to hand - i find my face stuffed in my phone so much already and i find googling abit dangerous! would also like my OH to be able to read it as he just has a work phone.

I was the same i wanted something str8 away! so the apps helped until my 12wk scan and got the book lol.

Google is terrible must admit haha! I do on the NHS website to read things but gosh ive worried myself stupid so many times with google this pregnancy haha! xx

completely know what you mean! my best friend has probably got loads of books but i haven't told her yet - i'm telling my parents tonight! slightly apprehensive about it - i feel like a school girl (i'm actually 30 and married!)

I have the day-by-day pregnancy book and its fab! Not cheap but was on deal from amazon when I bought it. I agree with you its nice to have a book to look at and my husband will often look at it with me each day. I have free apps too!

I prefer something day by day not weekly- I don't want to wait a week for it to update!

I've got what to expect when you're expecting & the day by day pregnancy book - they are both good.

If you want something a little bit different I absolutely love a book called Bumpology. It's written by a new scientist journalist & each chapter is on a different pregnancy question like "do pregnant woman really eat coal" & "why do newborn babies smell so good". She has researched all the questions & gives you totally unbiased answers.

I'm not too helpful with the serious books, but my friend told me to buy "The Best Friends' Guide to Pregnancy: Or Everything Your Doctor Won't Tell You" by Vicki Iovine and it is hilarious! So if you want a bit of a break and a laugh I highly suggest it!

Sorry if that is no help on the guidance side though! :D xx

Thanks so much everyone.

I've just bought Christine hills guide to pregnancy so will have a look at that when it arrived. Definitely going to get a couple if others eventually as well. I like the idea if something abit funnier.

Have seen the best friends one so may give that a go next.

I'm abit of a bookworm so probably end up going through loads!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back