boob help!!

kazzie-bo

Reaction score
hi girls
i need some help.....i'll try my best to explain.....

my left nipple was really hurting when adam was feeding from it about a week ago and tbh it still hurts, the same kinda pain you get when first feeding before your nips are used to it. it caused a small blister on the end *ouch* which has now burst and gone but it still hurts, i have checked his latch and all is fine. i can kinda put up with it until he clamps down (thats a whole other post but i am not gonna go there!!) then it really hurts. but my main prob is this........

my boobie is hurting all over....it feels as though it is really full of milk and engorged (has been feeling like this for 1 and a half days now......adam fed normally yesterday except he had formula ar 9 am instead of bf (had fed all night previously) and all last night literally every 1 and a half hours to 2 hours (which is normal for him) usually in the morning my boobs feel a bit saggy and empty ( but i know there is still milk available if he needs it) and he goes back to feeding every 3 hours, but this morning it still felt really full and uncomfortable, adam went back to sleep at 9 after waking at 7 (bf at 8) and slept for 20 mins then i fed him again and he fussed and fed for 2 hours form both sides but mostly the sore side and i tried diff positions and massageing (sp) it while feeding him, but it is still really sore and feels full, it was not squirting out like it used to do when full and when i try hand expressing it doesnt squirt either like usual ( i usally squirt some in his eye while feeding him coz he has a sticky eye :lol: :oops: ) it is just dripping out a tiny bit.

i gave in and gave adam some formula coz he was getting really grumpy and upset when trying to feed and he drank 5 oz and has been in bed for the last 2 hours (can just hear him waking up lol) but the thing is i am sitting here in just a t shirt ( no bra :oops: ) and it hasn't leaked at all like it would have done usually with missing a feed, and it feels like it is going to burst.

right he is crying now, i am gonna go and try and feed him again and see if anything happens BTW he can still latch on ok

any ideas guys ....please .... i hope someone can help!!

TIA
kaz x

edited to add he only fed for 2 mins just now before falling back to sleep and my right boob is totally fine and also we started giving solids last week could that have anything to do with it?

It could well be a blocked duct hun.

Have a looky here
http://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/breast ... ckedducts/

Best advice for you is too feed as much as you can from that breast, massage gently as you do.
Have a warm bath and lie with that breast in the water and massage gently.
If you start to get a fever or feel rough get down tot the docs as it can turn into Mastitis, which is bloody horrible.

Hope you start to feel better soon :hug:

just found this....

True blocked ducts are much less common and tend to occur weeks or months into breastfeeding. Some women notice a small white spot at the end of their nipple, which is a sign of a duct that has become blocked with skin cells growing over it. True blocked ducts are easily treated. If you have one, you can usually remove it by piercing the end of it with a sterile needle or clean fingernail. Do this after your baby has fed when the skin on your nipple is softer.

sounds like the problem.....

If you dont like the sound of the needle which i certainly dont :lol: after a feed or bath rub nipple with a flannel that should help :)

thanks charlie...will give the bath and flannel a go when oh gets home tonight

When I had mastitis I had to change the position that LO fed in to make sure that all areas of the breast were being emptied..... you could try it. If you start to feel hot/cold and sick get to the Docs quick as the onset is very quick indeed :wall:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back