bollox!

trixipaws

Reaction score
iv just p1ssed £30 up the wall :(

i got a penalty for driving in a bus lane- i thought if ur gonna turn left ur allowed to be in it (which i was)- apparently my mum says im right u are allowed- but not between 4 and 7pm :roll: i didnt see any sign mentioning those times, apparently there is one- but silly me i was too busy looking at the road and not running over pedestrians to read stupid tiny signs over on the pavement :evil:

the letter was addressed to my boyf coz the cars in his name- i thought he'd go mental if i'd got him points on his licence- but when i foned to ask if i could take them instead as it was me who did it they said they dont issue points, just the fine, so at least thats a relief.

then they took all my card details and address- gave me a 4-digit auth code but said they do not send receipts :think: is that right? im a bit para now thinkin i oughta cancel my card?! i dont like giving card dets on the fone and not even get a receipt :? it looked real to me the manchester city council logo's were all correct and there are 2 pics of my car driving in the bus lane, and the time and date adds up, and i kno i did it. theres just a tiny bit of doubt as iv never had one of these before i dont kno how it works!

i dont need to stop my card, do i? (not that theres anything on it atm anyway lol!)

also, i wasnt aware i was doing wrong, and have done it a number of times since i went back to work- i shouldnt expect more of these fines should i for every occasion i did it? im not paying any more grrrr :twisted:

I got done last year because about 1mm of my tyre was on a bus stop.

I paid on line and it said you don't get receipts it must be all councils that don't issue them. I don't think you need to cancel your card.

:x I've got all mad now I forgot about that the ******* traffic warden hid behind my car before I had chance to see him and drive off.

iv just p1ssed £30 up the wall :(

i got a penalty for driving in a bus lane- i thought if ur gonna turn left ur allowed to be in it (which i was)- apparently my mum says im right u are allowed- but not between 4 and 7pm :roll: i didnt see any sign mentioning those times, apparently there is one- but silly me i was too busy looking at the road and not running over pedestrians to read stupid tiny signs over on the pavement :evil:

the letter was addressed to my boyf coz the cars in his name- i thought he'd go mental if i'd got him points on his licence- but when i foned to ask if i could take them instead as it was me who did it they said they dont issue points, just the fine, so at least thats a relief.

then they took all my card details and address- gave me a 4-digit auth code but said they do not send receipts :think: is that right? im a bit para now thinkin i oughta cancel my card?! i dont like giving card dets on the fone and not even get a receipt :? it looked real to me the manchester city council logo's were all correct and there are 2 pics of my car driving in the bus lane, and the time and date adds up, and i kno i did it. theres just a tiny bit of doubt as iv never had one of these before i dont kno how it works!

i dont need to stop my card, do i? (not that theres anything on it atm anyway lol!)

also, i wasnt aware i was doing wrong, and have done it a number of times since i went back to work- i shouldnt expect more of these fines should i for every occasion i did it? im not paying any more grrrr :twisted:

I got done last year because about 1mm of my tyre was on a bus stop.

I paid on line and it said you don't get receipts it must be all councils that don't issue them. I don't think you need to cancel your card.

:x I've got all mad now I forgot about that the ******* traffic warden hid behind my car before I had chance to see him and drive off.

:hug: :hug: bugger! :evil: I got done this week for speeding! 36 in a 30 zone. 60 quid and 3 points (or a 3 hour speeding course) :roll:

:hug: :hug: bugger! :evil: I got done this week for speeding! 36 in a 30 zone. 60 quid and 3 points (or a 3 hour speeding course) :roll:

BARSTOOLS!!! I got a ticket when I was 39 weeks pregnant. I'd paid and returned on time but had parked in the 15 minute free bit by accident so I got a ticket :evil: :evil:

If a bus lane has no times on it it means you cant drive on it at all becaue it is in use 24 hours

BARSTOOLS!!! I got a ticket when I was 39 weeks pregnant. I'd paid and returned on time but had parked in the 15 minute free bit by accident so I got a ticket :evil: :evil:

If a bus lane has no times on it it means you cant drive on it at all becaue it is in use 24 hours

Oooooh - I hate it when this happens! If you are a BMW driver (and it is always a Beemer, isn't it?) who is cutting up the inside of all the nice people sitting in a traffic queue, then fine them. But if you are a law abiding citizen who has made a genuine mistake, it is just plain wrong. I was done a couple of years ago because I made the foolish mistake of being confused in roadworks in London. I was picking my sister up from a train station because we thought it was less polluting and would take a car off the motorways if she caught a train and I picked her up the last bit of the journey rather than her drive all the way. Well, if that's the way London is going to be to me - fook it! I don't care about emitting there if they are going to fine me if I help out a little bit!

Oooooh - I hate it when this happens! If you are a BMW driver (and it is always a Beemer, isn't it?) who is cutting up the inside of all the nice people sitting in a traffic queue, then fine them. But if you are a law abiding citizen who has made a genuine mistake, it is just plain wrong. I was done a couple of years ago because I made the foolish mistake of being confused in roadworks in London. I was picking my sister up from a train station because we thought it was less polluting and would take a car off the motorways if she caught a train and I picked her up the last bit of the journey rather than her drive all the way. Well, if that's the way London is going to be to me - fook it! I don't care about emitting there if they are going to fine me if I help out a little bit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back