Bodyworks.. what do you think??

Where do they get the corpses from? I mean did the pregnant lady go "by the way, if i die, you can have my corpse"?

In theory I find it fascinating, but I'm not sure I could stomach seeing the actual exhibit.

My ex really wanted to see the live autopsy. THAT freaked me out.

lozzi said:
Haylii&&Mia said:
lozzi said:
I went to the bodyworks exhibition at manchester today..

it was absolutely fascinating - however im a bit shocked researching on the net some things that i didnt know prior to my visit... in relation to consent..

any of you been? what did you think? would you go?
whens it on till lozzi??

how much was it??

friday to sunday 11.50 midweek 10 :)

cool imgoing :D:D

17th august

zebrastripes said:
Where do they get the corpses from? I mean did the pregnant lady go "by the way, if i die, you can have my corpse"?

Yeah precisely, if she knew she was going to die surely she wouldn't be pregnant, so who gave permission on her behalf? And the poor baby who never saw outside the womb but now has people gawping at it everyday, who gave consent for that? :cry:

Urchin said:
zebrastripes said:

Yeah precisely, if she knew she was going to die surely she wouldn't be pregnant, so who gave permission on her behalf? And the poor baby who never saw outside the womb but now has people gawping at it everyday, who gave consent for that? :cry:

Reclining Pregnant Woman* (Body Worlds 1)

Reclining Pregnant WomanA woman reclining on her side with her arm raised to reveal her cut away torso, and 8-month foetus – with its position and effect on her internal organs. The Body Donor chose to donate her body for Plastination – with the foetus, if it could not be saved – when she discovered that she had a terminal illness. This figure is usually displayed in a closed-off area of the exhibition, along with other displays concerning human reproduction and development.

from here :cry:

I think it would be fascinating but very sad :? I think I would like to go ... but i'm not entirely sure.

Kimbo said:
Urchin said:
zebrastripes said:

Reclining Pregnant WomanA woman reclining on her side with her arm raised to reveal her cut away torso, and 8-month foetus – with its position and effect on her internal organs. The Body Donor chose to donate her body for Plastination – with the foetus, if it could not be saved – when she discovered that she had a terminal illness. This figure is usually displayed in a closed-off area of the exhibition, along with other displays concerning human reproduction and development.

How do they know it couldn't be saved then? Doesn't look like they tried :cry:

Urchin said:
Kimbo said:
Urchin said:
zebrastripes said:

maybe money making?
pregnant mother with full term fetus (no reason why it couldnt be saved when they knew the mother was going to die :evil: ) would make much more interesting viewing rather than the ordinary corpses there :(

I thought that... surely if they knew she was going to die they could have saved it :cry: :cry:

as daft as it sounds with my anxiety issues around death, I find this fascinating. I think as a society we have been "protected" from death and no longer see it as a natural part of life but something to be scared off.

beanie said:
as daft as it sounds with my anxiety issues around death, I find this fascinating. I think as a society we have been "protected" from death and no longer see it as a natural part of life but something to be scared off.

I agree I have looked at lots of it on the net but I just don't think I could go and see the babies :?

Thanks, I know it was on in Manchester.

We're going to go this weekend and take my son. I think it's fascinating.

Oooh thanks for this post!
I thought I missed it! I was going to take the boys but thought it finished in Manchester in June for some reason!
I agree with those who said its fascinating and part of nature! To me the body is just a lump of meat (not meaning to sound horrible or disrespectful of my or anyone elses body) but its the soul that makes a person and when that life is gone, its just biology to me!
Im guessing while Im pregnant, the babies will be upsetting to me! :( But still I really want to go! :D My lads will love it! Not sure about the girl though :think:
I would love to give my body to this also! This or them body farms in America! :D

it was originally an earlier date, but due to popularity they extended it to aug 17th.

some of my friends hav been said it was amazing- i would definately go. not done any googling tho so dont kno what the controversy is (apart from the obvious)

oh there are babies in it? in that case i couldnt look at it then :(

trixipaws said:
oh there are babies in it? in that case i couldnt look at it then :(

there are frmo 5weeks to 38 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU