Bodyworks.. what do you think??

lozzi

Reaction score
I went to the bodyworks exhibition at manchester today..

it was absolutely fascinating - however im a bit shocked researching on the net some things that i didnt know prior to my visit... in relation to consent..

any of you been? what did you think? would you go?

I'd be fascinated but I know there are babies there and they will not have consented so I don't think I could go.
I watched him do the autopsy etc on tv, that was interesting but not sure about seeing the pregnant lady etc. I just saw the pic of it and its so sad :(

i haven't heard of this??
is it the guy who did the 3 shows on tele using the real corpses?
if so i found that fascinating!

have you a web link or something?

imagine being the transporter of those bodies :shock:

My OH would have loved this, he made me watch the autopsy series that was on telly and it made me sick :puke: :puke:

Iv just had a quick look and the pregnant lady one is sooo sooo sad, i dont know if its because im pregnant but i draw the line somewhere before there !

I couldn't find the pics... where about on the site are they, wanna show Lee in tomorrow?!?!?!

I went to this years ago on a school trip. It was really interesting, obviously I didn't know about consent or anything back then. I remember spending ages looking at the babies and how perfectly formed they were from such a young 'age'. I don't think I'd go again but I'm glad I did when I did.

:? I think it's fascinating.

I'd quite like to donate my body for things like that :think:

me and my oh are going to go. not sure how busy or how much the tickets are.

i dont think ill be looking too closely at the babies though, unless theres one about my gestation to see roughly what she looks like at the moment.

my son wants to be a phoresic scientist so all these things are what he will need to study, very educational if sad.

we have an anatomy book at work. when i've looked at it i thought it was just all plastic models, but now im wondering if it's real bodies that have been infused with this plastic stuff like the exhibition.

Think I'll have a look today and look at the intro more thoroughly!

I'll be a bit miffed if it is real bodies, i think they should at least say 100% on the front or something that real bodies are/are not used

MrsBrightside said:
I couldn't find the pics... where about on the site are they, wanna show Lee in tomorrow?!?!?!

Google has loads.

I went about 5 years ago and was absolutely fascinated. I think the insight it gives on the human body is amazing. It also helped me suss out which bits were my sciatic nerve to help with the pain.

And I have to say as well - it really made me think about my opinions/personal position on abortion. knowing something theoretically and actually seeing it are 2 totally different things. I don't want to get into/start a debate but I guess up till then I hadn't really thought about/confronted how developed they look from very young.

I could've gone on a school trip a few years back. I didn't fancy it and mum wouldn't let me anyway. I don't think i could stomach it.

i went a few years ago - thought it was fascinating and really quite brilliant. i don't have much of a problem with dead bodies - they're just the shell that used to contain a person; the bit that made someone who they were has already left.

lozzi said:

it was absolutely fascinating - however im a bit shocked researching on the net some things that i didnt know prior to my visit... in relation to consent..

whens it on till lozzi??

how much was it??

Haylii&&Mia said:
lozzi said:

whens it on till lozzi??

how much was it??

friday to sunday 11.50 midweek 10 :)

17th august

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU