• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BLW help and advice pleeeease!

fothers

Reaction score
Hello everyone- sorry not had the chance to get on here for a while :oops:

We have started weaning Maisie- started a couple of weeks ago with purees and are moving to BLW. She won't eat anything off a spoon now anyway except yoghurt so good job we were planning to try BLW.

Anyway, at the moment she is getting quite frustrated and then annoyed as she isn't as good at shovelling it in as she would like to be. Toast fingers with a topping are the things she is managing best- I am putting philly on or sometimes using up pureed stuff from the freezer and spreading that on and she takes that but with more slippery customers like fruit and veg she isn't managing so great.

How long is it before they normally become really adept with their aim and grasp? Often things bend when they get to her mouth and she ends up with fingers instead :?

What sort of foods do you use/did you use to begin with?

Also, how long do you keep stuff like sweet potato chips for? are they ok overnight in the fridge?

Thankyou!! :)

Jessy has cooked carrot sticks, brocolli, cauliflower, parsnips, banana, rice cakes, toast, mild cheese, runner beans. Jessys favourite is Strawberries. She picks them up and holds them and sucks all the juice out of them. I also make and cut up little sandwiches or rolls for her. Same as Midna I try and help Jessy to hold the more slippery fruit and veg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back