BLW and nurseries

Littlerayray

Reaction score
Hi all

I plan to following BLW and am hoping to take 10-12 months off work after the baby is born. My husband and I are now looking around nurseries for when I do go back to work.

Has anyone found that nurseries do or don't support BLW? A couple have looked at me blanky when I've dicussed this with them. The last thing I want is to work hard for 4-6 months on the whole BLW for it all to be undone because the nursery insists on force feeding pureed food.

Any advice or info welcomed!

Thanks x

ell we have our little boy in nursery a couple of days a week and they insisted that they would fit to his schedule and routine and everything at home. SO whatever we do with him they encourage it. So for example, we tel lthem what food he has and they only give him that, we say when he has food and what size and consistency and he has it there. I dont think you should call it blw when you speak to them as the terminology they might not understand in its entirety however, just tell them that when he doesn start to be weaned you want to ensure that its him feeding himself and no purees etc....... xx

my nursery encourage blw! :) i think its great!! and yes any nursery should follow ur routine, and WSS about them maybe just not being used to the terminology!! xx

We have a childminder and she has done BLW with Owen from the start as he started going to her from 6 months, which is when we started. She's been really fab! She provides food too and Owen loves it. On eof the reasons why we chose a childminder. I'm sure most nurseries would support you - I mean they just have to ut food out to offer LO and they'll all be first aid trained in case of choking (which we didn't need just in case that sounded harsh!) I'm sure nurseries would be fine if you went in and showed them maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back