• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bloody Harry Potter

star fish

Reaction score
I would like to tell JKR that quite frankly she has made popular all the names we wanted and now we dont want to use them!!

(No offence intended in any way to other peoples choices, we just really wanted something a little out of the ordinary, something that sounds good but isnt the hight of fashion)

I wanted the name Harry or Harrison from when I was really young, but as it is now the most overused name imaginable I have had to strike it off. My Grandfather is Freddy, and we were always going to use it but now I know three, yes THREE people who have named their boys Freddy. My OH grandfather is George, that would have made a middle name appearance, not any longer!

Big sigh...... maybe they would have come back into fashion anyway, but not on this scale........

I love Harry and George too - George was my grandfather's name and is Sam's middle name. All the names I've always loved seem to be so popular at the moment too :wall: x

I love Harry and don't associate the name with Harry Potter! Probably because I hated the books and the films were even worse!

If you really love a name you shouldn't let how popular it is make a difference.

I really like the name harry but to be fair its been popular for quite some time as my 13yr old brother has about 5 friends called harry

My nephew is called Harry, and lovely tho he is, I think it's such a popular name now for little ones.
But unless you last name is Potter, I wouldn't worry about using it.

My mum went on and on about the name Bridget, (before we knew I was having a boy), which I do really like, but she took ages to understand why it was a huge no-no with my surname of Jones - she just kept missing the point!

I also really love welsh names, I already have a Rhys - , I would love to have used the name Aled , but again - you can see my problem there!

Lol at Bridget Jones :)

My Dad's pa is upset with Harry Potter because there's an evil witch in the last books with the same name, Merope!

My Dad or hubby had a great idea for my sisters child, call him Dumble (her surname is Door) :roll:

Lol I know what you're talking about. I really wanted the name Voldemort but now... :(
Haha I kid lol.

But I know what you mean. I really like the name Harry too, but I think I would always associate it with Harry Potter lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back