Blood thinning injections

Familygirl30

Reaction score
Hi, found out last Friday that I'm pregnant,4weeks 5 days,anyway this is my first pregnancy but because I have factor v Leiden and had a Dvt 4 years ago I need to be on blood thinners,starting them this week,anyone else had to have them during pregnancy?advice would be appreciated.

Hi, I developed DVT / PE at 29 weeks pregnant and so I've been on Tinzaparin since then. I believe the Tinz injections are the only safe treatment during pregnancy, so you should be supported to learn to inject yourself. It's usually not too difficult! You should probably also ask about plans for the birth - you can't have an epidural while taking blood thinners, so the plan was for me to come off the medication for 48 hours before an induction at 38 weeks - as it happened I developed unrelated complications so baby came along before this!

All the best

Carrie

Yep me I got a pulmonary

pickle and poppets mummy taptaptapping

Embolism in my last pregnancy at 32 weeks this time round I had a scan at 7 weeks and started on 40mg of clexane until 6 weeks post birth. What would you like to know

Sorry yes you will have to self inject once a day but I roped hubby into doing them for me they are sucky but its amazing how fast it just becomes part of your routine. I also have bloods every 6 weeks to check if my platelets are not low etc and you will prob have a few appointments with the consultant. I wasn't allowed to come off my clexane before labour so had only gas and air but would be great if I can come off it this timd

Thank u ladies,im going to start fragmin injections tomorrow im choosing to do them early morning,did you have to do yours at the same time each day?i asked the pharmacist if ok if sometimes left 2 hours in between and she said it was fine,its only because on work days i be doing them around 8am but at weekends nice to have a little lay in!Im not too worried about injecting as i was on them before with dvt and used them for flying.I will apparently be getting a letter through within next 4 weeks as i need to be seem in our maternity hospital,think will feel better once been to this.I got myself into a bit of state lastnight worried something is going to happen but i guess lots of women are on these during pregnancy and they must be safe!

I need to do them am because I have to do bloods every 6 weeks and they need to be taken 3 hours after the clexane is administered

It's safer to be on the injections than for you to die of a pulmonary embolism in fact I don't think the blood being thin effects baby at all there is nothing in it to go to baby

I havent even been told if morn or eve best to do them,but going to do them in the morning,not even been told when blood be checked,i guess they will tell me at my apointment in 4 weeks time,im going to mention it at my first midwifes appointment in 2 weeks.

Well I have the bloods done at the hospital so I imagine that's what the appointment is for hopefully you will get a letter explaining

Yes i am on clexane daily injections, i am 7wks pregnant. I had them from 6wk gregnant with my son too up until i was 36wks. X

Hi, I'm a carrier of factor v Leiden but was ok during pregnancy. When I was in labour coz I had an epi I had to have an injection because of it and then for a week after I had to inject myself to reverse the one I had for the epi!

at what stage did you all start the injections? i am 6 weeks pregnant and going for viability scan next month (after 2 recent m/c). Have also been diagnosed with factor iv lieden. i am worried they will start injections too late and really scared to have m/c again :((

thanks to anyone who can advise x

I started mine at 7 weeks hun once a baby and heartbeat was detected on the scan. I was told that the risk would have been for me rather than Baba

Hi, I don't have a pulmonary or anything but I have been diagnosed with a blood condition that was causing my miscarriages so have been prescribed 20mg Clexane and 150mg Aspirin every day. I am currently 4w3d and was wondering if anyone knew what the success rates for this were as I can't relax atm.

Thanks ladies x

If the blood clotting is causing miscarriage then I would say you will be pretty well covered. Clexane is magic stuff. X congrats on your pregnancy

I am hoping that I am not injecting myself every day for nothing and that this, along with the aspirin does work!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back