Blood Tests Tomorrow..... Thyroid?????

Keano_Forever

Reaction score
Hi all :wave: :wave:

Saw my midwife on Tuesday for my 28wk appointment - went better than I thought :cheer:

Anyway told her I was still suffering from terrible itching - even with the tablets so she took extra blood to test for cholestasis. I got results yesterday and they are all clear :cheer: BUT she is till concerned so spoke to my GP who wanted more blood to test for my thyroid.

Mmm never heard of this one before - have googled but not much info there.

Now midwife said if I was not pregnant then it's fine but as I am pregnant it is very worrying :shock: but told me not to worry :doh:

Anyway I am booked in tomorrow morning at 11.30 for bloods.

Have any of you girls experienced this before - first for me

Had itching, but bile levels and liver function bloods came back as normal. So, its just a pregnancy itch :)

Hope yous comes back fine again :hug:

She shouldn't have worried you - don't worry - if there is a problem with your thyroid then it is treatable - so not a worry :hug: TBH - I suspect your itching is just a very bad case of normal itching in pregnancy.

Occasionally in pregnancy (or just coincidentally) your thyroid gland can be over or under active - both can cause itchign but it would be unusual without other symtoms. If untreated it can lead to problems with baby so it is good that it is being checked out. :hug:

This is your thyroid gland (ignore the fact that it comes from a cancer website - it just happens to be the best diagram :) )
http://www.cancernews.com/images/aimage ... image1.jpg

Thanks girls for your replies.

Thank you for the link smile :hug: :hug:

Yes I am pleased that she is following it up - I am just finding the whole itching thing really annoying that's all.

My only relief for my poor tootsies is to have my socks off and literally rub them on the carpet till sparks come out :rotfl: :rotfl:

Thanks again :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back