Blood in mouth?

Lulu_Laroo

Reaction score
Firstly, Poppy seems absolutely fine, usual smiley self, no temperature, doesn't seem in pain. She keeps scratching herself so I've just put some scratch mitts on her, and as usual she stuffed her hands in her mouth for a good old gnaw, but when she took her hand out there was a very small amount of blood on her scratch mitt, diluted with saliva. I have a feeling she scratched her gums before I put the scratch mitt on, but I can't be sure.
I've checked her mouth and can't see anything but there hasn't been anymore blood. Should I go to A&E for this? Like I say, she's her normal self and doesn't seem unwell or anything. She hasn't been sick.

Would you go straight to A&E for this or am I overreacting? :( I'm currently waiting for a call back from NHS direct, who said she probably scratched herself but will get a nurse to call me back

Blood on right hand side of mitt:

Attachments

• IMG_7338.jpg
    IMG_7338.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
She has probably just caught her mouth with her nails like u said. i dont think anyone can say yeah go or dont. its up to u as her mum. I remember panicking when zak hurt himself the 1st time. he fell over from sitting up and banged his head. I rushed him to a & e because i panicked but he was absolutely fine. but as a 1st time mum i just wanted to make sure he was ok. sounds like ur in the same situation here. but im sure she will be fine. completely ur call hun, a & e staff wont mind at all if u did and turned out to be nothing, just so ur reassured. but on the other hand, if u feel she will b fine then dont. trust ur instincts xxx

Thanks lucylu, she's sitting here smiling away at me, my instincts tell me she's fine but I wanted to double check. NHS rang me back and asked me a huge list of questions all of which I said no to, so the nurse didn't seem concerned she just told me to make an appointment with my GP today to check her over, which I have done. Appointment is at 4.30.

It just gave me a bit of a fright. x

i understand exactly. glad uv got an appointment just to put ur mind at rest if nothing else. xxxx

Are your breastfeeding Hun?

My LO had this and it was actually from me...and she was just spitting it or vomiting it back up.

No I'm not breastfeeding anymore. I am 95% sure it came from her gum. I'll feel better once i've taken her to the doctor. x

The doctor thinks she scratched herself. I'm not surprised, sometimes she stuffs her hand so far into her mouth that she gags herself!

ah bless her, at least you know now. she didn't seemed phased by it so that was always a good sign :)

Lucas has done this twice before. He is teething so shoves his fingers in his mouth and sometimes catches his gums. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back