Blighted Ovum :-(

mistyblue

Reaction score
Hi all,

Found out today at my 12 week scan that I'd had a blighted ovum and I am so sad. I can't believe my body got to 12 weeks with a 12 week sac and no baby. I feel so robbed :-(

I know there was nothing I could do, but this was a much wanted pregnancy (after I had been told I wouldn't be able to get pregnant naturally and then I did 18 months later). At 33, I was starting to feel this was my last chance. I feel so sad and empty. The bleeding has started and the pains are getting worse. Maybe my body has finally realised.

Life is cruel... :-(

So sorry to read this! Please don't give up all hope, there is stories out there with happy ever afters. Thinking of you in this difficult time :hugs: xxx

so sorry to hear your sad news,look after yourself and we are all here for you if you need us.xxxx

Awwww, it's so hard isn't it. I commented on your other post too. I had the same in May, although by chance they found out earlier but made me carry on till 11 weeks before managing a miscarriage. Don't give up. You aren't too old xx

Thank you all for your kind words. Have been awake since 3am partly because the painkillers are wearing off, partly because I am stressed about work ( I think they might put me on medical absence monitoring and there are some awful gossips, who thrive on this sort of thing) and partly because it has suddenly hit me that I am not going to be a mum after all. That is definitely the worst part.

This was my first ever pregnancy and my DH is being wonderful, but his attitude is we can try again once the m/c is over.. I'm not sure I can thnk about that yet. At the moment, I am just trying to deal with the miscarriage. I am at home trying the conservative approach of waiting and seeing. I really don't want medical intervention if I can help it, and I am scared of hospitals at the best of times. I sort of want to do this naturally. It feels the right thing to do. Am I being stupid?

The worst part is I had developed a small bump, and I had the gestational sac of a 12 week pregnancy. Why didnt my body sort this out earlier?

I am sorry to burden you all with this. I was going to tell everyone at work today about the baby. Some of them know about the fertility issues I have and they would have been pleased for me. I know I shouldn't torture myself like this, but I can't help it.

As nothing ever developed apart from the sac, I feel like I have lied to everyone. Stupid, I know. My body thought I was having a baby and I had all the symptoms, including a positive pregnancy test.

I feel very alone. I don't feel as though I have anything good to look forward to. I was so focused on the pregnancy.

Sorry to go on...

Stay strong mistyblue, never give up hope. We're all in this together and we'll all get through it. Sorry to hear of your sad news

Xx

Im sorry for your loss honey!! Xxx

So sorry you are going through this. I had the same thing, an empty sac that continued to grow but with nothing inside. Mine was found earlier as I was getting early scans but prob would have gone on til 12 weeks had I not had the earlier scans. I had an erpc cos my body was showing no signs of letting go. Take time from work if you need to, its a very hard thing to go through xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back