Bleeding question

Lynseysg

Reaction score
Had a c section just over 2 weeks ago.

I bled obviously and after a week or so it stopped. Anyhow it's started up again and really quite heavy in the mornings, then not much through the day.

I read if it stops n starts it's a sign your doing too much,..... And I feel uncomfy at night up n down and bending for Jessica.... But this is unavoidable.

Just wondered if this was normal, anyone else experienced this. I'd ask my mw if she rang!!

Thank u
X

Hi, I never experienced this with my c-section I had years ago with my DS so I don't really know...but I'd say if your MW doesn't ring you, ring her! Its ridiculous that she isn't keeping in contact with you.

Hope you're ok and try to take things a little easier if you can. Even if you slow down your actions when doing stuff, it might help. x

The bleeding does get heavier the more you do, I certainly found this with my first csection. My bleeding was very much on and off for 4 weeks afterwards, just as I thought it was finished it would start again! I had a week off and then my period turned up at 6 weeks post section - now that period was sooooo heavy. I ended up in a&e as i wasnt sure it was period due to the on/off bleeding id had. My second section was much easier in terms of recovery from the bleeding afterwards, I would say it was like a normal period and then stopped and my period returned back on time to my usual cycle! Again though my first period was horrendous - not in terms of pain just blood loss xxx

Just meant to add, keep an eye on things though as I ended up with antibiotics both times for a uterine infection as my uterus was not going down soon enough and I still felt a little tender. I didn't feel ill though. But they def sorted me out xx your midwife really should have a feel of your tum to check all is going back as it should xx

Thank you for your replies.

I'll just keep an eye in it then. Mw came yesterday and didn't seem concerned, just checked my scar and discharged me.

It's just heavy in a mornings and I do feel a little tender still at times, but maybe I just need to do less. I just find it hard to know whats ok and what's not as I can't avoid seeing to Jessica and bending etc.

It's only 2 and s half weeks maybe I'm expecting too much
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back