• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

bleeding gums

GBLiz

Reaction score
my gums have been bleeding since 1st tri and no signs of it stopping.....when will it stop? is everyone else who had bleeding gums still getting them?

hello
not really, i have heard it can be sore....i think they become more sensitive but it won't affect your teeth or anything

i have a cracked tooth tho !

x

Hi I think its because when you are pregnant you have something silly like 2-4 extra pints of blood in your body and this can cause your gums to bleed when you brush them. I'm sure thats right but don't quote me on it :wink:

Mine bleed every time I brush them, not loads but a little bit. My DH thought I was dying the first time he saw it in the sink in 1st Tri :rotfl:

mine have bled since the beginning of m pregnancy... :shakehead:

yeh mine bleed quite a lot. I got a softer toothbrush but it doesn't clean as well.
Yucky isn't it!

Its a normal thing to happen. Another of those lovely pregnancy joys :lol: :roll:

I had a dental check up a while back and mentioned to my dentist about my gums bleeding lots now I am PG. She suggested I use a mouthwash rather than brush so much. She told me to use Corsodyl (sp) if my gums felt like they were getting icky, which they do from time to time. I don't use it all the time, just a few days here and there when needed.

She said the only thing to be really concerned about when PG with bleeding gums is if gum disease sets in (sometimes does) and then lasts beyond pregnancy. So taking as good a care of teeth and gums while PG was important.

i know its a normal symptom..just wondered if everyone elses were still as bad now as they were earlier. Quite a few people post about it in 1st and 2nd tri but nobody mentions it here and i wondered if it had stopped for everyone else

In that case ignore my posts and the link I posted for you

hi hun

mine have bled ALOT all the way through but just lately they have been alot better and I 'think' it may be down to the Raspberry Leaf Tea? :think: I know it can help with the bleeding, mine were really awful but since Ive been drinking it after about a week it has really eased alot, not stopped but much better :D

I did have bleeding gums thay bled at the sight of a toothbrush never mind being touched.
and thay also throbbed
but i went to the dentist and i had a hygiene clean
bought floss and tee pees and my gums have stopped bleeding
:cheer:
have you been to the dentist?
Hope yours stop bleeding soon hun
sarah :wave:

yeah mine have bled from the start .its no better and no worse now than it was in first tri but they are more sore now.i have to cut things like apples with a knife as its too painful to just bite into them.

i had a clean and a scrape in early jan which helped the soreness...they dont hurt now but they bleed A LOT....when i wake up in the morning i have to wipe all the blood out of my mouth :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back