Bleeding gums

Tiggy26

Reaction score
Another post, sorry.

I know this is a normal thing in pregnancy but was just woundering if anyone around the same stage of pregnancy as me has noticed an increase in bleeding gums? When i clean my teeth now, its like a blood bath :shock:

yeah mine were quite bad around 15 weeks, then it got better, and now its like ive been a cannibal everytime i brush my teeth!

Yeah, same here. It did improve a bit but has been worse than ever over the last week or so.

Mine was horrific when I was in 2nd Tri... I went and had them cleaned but the past couple of weeks it's gotten worse... I've just put it down to them needing cleaning again.. :think: :think:

mine have got a lot worse in the last week, they're not even waiting for me to get the toothbrush out now... just randomly starting to bleed on their own accord.

I've had this all the way through but the odd days it is worse than others - literally pours like a horror film!

I think it's mostly caused by the hormones and should resolve itself post-partum but it can make it more likely for your gums to get infected. My dentist suggested using corsodyl mouthwash twice a day for two-weeks. It didn't stop my gums bleeding but it lessened it and made my mouth feel like a much nicer place. Also, make sure you floss everyday too.

mine have been pretty bad the whole time since first tri!

the dentist did some scraping which hurt like hell but helped a bit , and recommended corsodyl. I cant gargle it for a full minute cos it tastes so strong! but it does seem to help and stops the pain aswell when i have a sore mouth moment

Ill have the odd day where they will bleed a little but last week one morning i brushed them and there was blood everywhere!!! but they were fine in the evening

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back