bleeding

michelles1985

Reaction score
Hi all.

Just wondering how long you had supposed to bleed for after giving birth. I gave birth to my son just over 8 weeks ago. I had the 'cut' and tore twice so I had a lot of stitches so i was expecting to bleed for a while. I was bleeding constantly for 6 weeks following Thomas's birth but these last 2 weeks I have been bleeding on and off. For the past 2 days, I had no bleeding at all but today, I've started bleeding again.

I started back on the pill 21 days fter giving birth and didn't have a gap between packets (I started another packet straight after finishing one).

It is really frustrating. Are there any other new mums out there who have experienceed this? When can I expect the bleeding to stop?

Thanks in advance. xx

i bled constantly for 3 weeks, then it kept stopping and starting but only small amounts (only needed mico-thin pantliners) until about 6 weeks. i didnt go ob the pill til 5 months tho and breast-feed so idk if that makes difference?

I don't know if this helps......I had a bad tear and bled for 2 full weeks. 4 days later I started my period which was very light but quite painful. I haven't started taking the pill again. xxx

my bleeding took a good few weeks to stop and i didnt start back on the pill till i had a period naturally and after my 6 week check. My 1st natural period took forever to come though started getting paranoid..

First thing which came to my mind is maybe it was too soon to go back onto the pill? It may have confused all your insides and getting your body back to normal and recovered from birth? Maybe just gettng some advice from local GP?

thanks for all the advice. I was told by my midwife to go back on the pill 21 days after having Thomas so that's what I did. I don't know what's happening and I don't even know if I have had a period yet cos the bleeding has been constant. I've bled heavily again today but 5 days ago I had no bleeding at all for 2 days. I don't know what I'm best doing about the pill now...............come off it for a while or stay on it and just hope that my periods regulate themselves. I just know that losing all of this blood still is really draining me of energy so I hope it doesn't last much longer cos it's getting really hard to look after a little one whilst feeling so drained.

Any further advice would be much appreciated.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back