Blaming the parents won't bring Maddy back!!

laetitia85

Reaction score
Sorry, another post about Maddy but I've gotta get this out.

I've read so many critics in newspapers and online - People blame Maddy's parents for leaving her in the falt alone with her brother and sister.
Oooookaaaay, it's fair enough to say that a lot of us wouldn't have done that.
But blaming the parents will not bring her back! Right now we should concentrate on finding her, not having a go at her devastated parents. Obviously they will feel guilty and if they could go back in time I'm sure they would have done things differently, but this is not thime to criticise their actions, what's done is done!

I have read some pretty nasty letters/txt messages that people have sent to some newspapers or posted online, calling Maddy's parents all sorts of names and saying they should be jailed for their 'neglect'. But I just don't think that's right!!!!!
:(

to be fair though - the papers asked people to txt there opinions in. I know this is really awful but what did they expect? Not every one is roses and sunshine.

No, it wont but lets not get into a row about this on her special day, as lots of ppl have different views on why she was snatched! the parents are going through enough especially today!

I try not it think about whether they were wrong or not to leave maddie and her brother and sister asleep alone in thier apartment, as personally I don't think that it would have made much of a difference to whether she was abducted or not, as the person or persons that took her had most proberly been watching and waiting and most proberly would have got her anyway.
Maybe not from the appartment but maybe even when she was out with her parents somewhere like the local markets remember it only takes a second, some off you may disagree esp as we always have to have someone blame and the parents are the first in line and TBH I think her parents would be blaming themselfs enough.

Xsuzx

I agree suz, if they wanted her they would have got her another time.

Theres no point in blaming the parents, the blame is with the abducters and no-one else in my opinion.

laetitia85 said:
Sorry, another post about Maddy but I've gotta get this out.

I've read so many critics in newspapers and online - People blame Maddy's parents for leaving her in the falt alone with her brother and sister.
Oooookaaaay, it's fair enough to say that a lot of us wouldn't have done that.
But blaming the parents will not bring her back! Right now we should concentrate on finding her, not having a go at her devastated parents. Obviously they will feel guilty and if they could go back in time I'm sure they would have done things differently, but this is not thime to criticise their actions, what's done is done!

I have read some pretty nasty letters/txt messages that people have sent to some newspapers or posted online, calling Maddy's parents all sorts of names and saying they should be jailed for their 'neglect'. But I just don't think that's right!!!!!
:(

Here here! I'm sick of hearing all the critisism. Those poor people are going through enough. They will never forgive themselves for what has happened. My heart goes out to them today.
I bet Ben Needams mum will forever regret that she turned her back for a second, and that's all it takes, just a second. These sickos were determined to get her, they would have found a way.

I actually have to say that originally I was quite vocal at how they shouldn't have left the children on their own, but now, as time goes on and you see the agony that the parents are going through it makes me feel ashamed that I judged them so harshly. Is there anyone who can hold their hands up and say they have never made a mistake? I certainly have made a mistakes in the past and I am sure I will in the future. It is just so cruel that the mistake these parents made is going to be with them till the day they die, they will never forgive themselves even if (I hope and pray) Maddie is returned safely. Instead of judging them we should all be supporting them, they are going through what can only be described as a parents worst nightmare and nobody but nobody deserves that. Hugs and prayers :hug: :pray:

I don't think that the parents should be blamed as I'm sure that they feel guilty enough already. The person or people to blame are the nasty ones who snatched her.

i absolutely agree. they were not wrong at all in my opinion, what is wrong is that someone broke in and stole their daughter! :shakehead: if the latest is true that they had already "picked" her out they could have taken her at any time.
i think its disgusting that we live in world where you cannot guarantee to find your child where you left them.

I don't know how anyone could look at those parents and 'blame' them.

The blame lies with the person or people who opened the shutter and the window of a locked room and took madelaine out of it.

There was an interesting article in one of the papers yesterday which basically said that some parents will get a sense of well it wouldn't happen to me if they blamed Madelaines parents. By saying 'well I wouldn't do that so they must be bad parents and that is why it has happened' makes them feel that this won't happen to them.

I always think in these situations 'there but for the grace of god go I'

missac said:
I actually have to say that originally I was quite vocal at how they shouldn't have left the children on their own, but now, as time goes on and you see the agony that the parents are going through it makes me feel ashamed that I judged them so harshly. Is there anyone who can hold their hands up and say they have never made a mistake? I certainly have made a mistakes in the past and I am sure I will in the future. It is just so cruel that the mistake these parents made is going to be with them till the day they die, they will never forgive themselves even if (I hope and pray) Maddie is returned safely. Instead of judging them we should all be supporting them, they are going through what can only be described as a parents worst nightmare and nobody but nobody deserves that. Hugs and prayers :hug: :pray:

Yeah I am exactly the same, I'd be a hypocrite if I said I didn't say something along those lines...

personally i think they shouldn't have left the children alone that night or any night for that matter. there was a babysitting service available and they aren't poor so they could have afforded it.
It was theit fault the child was snatched simple as that. if they hadn't have left her alone then no one could have taken her. They wouldn't necessarily have taken her another time as there may not have been such an opportunity.

If the family were living on a council estate on benefits and nipped to the pub one night and went to check on thier kids every half hour and their kid was snatched then the papers would have been slating them. Its only co of who they are and the fact they are intelligent working people that they are getting away with what they have done.

Upon saying this it is not the point anyomre whether she was abandoned or not. She has been taken and thats that. The main thing people should be thinking of is getting her returned back to the paretns. Then i think the parents should have the children taken off them and arrested for abandonment. They dhould be then dealt with accordingly.

I feel sorry for the parents and what they must be going thoruhg the guilt must be unbarable etc. But more than that i feel sorry for that precious little girl who was left alone and taken by a stranger. What must she have thought that night.
No doubt she wondered where her mummy and daddy were............

Hiya Budge, I made that same comment about leaving the children in england to go to the pub however, the babysitting service in the resort was the same as what the couple were doing. They are employed to go around the rooms and check on the children in their care every half an hour which is what the parents were doing. This is what I am led to believe anyway.

I personally would never leave my boy alone but I suppose we are all different and if leaving them and checking every half hour is common practice over there I suppose that is what lulled them into a false sense of security.

they are actually saying the shutter windo was not actually forced open at all leading them to believe it was a person who had access to the room key anyway.

im sure things will come out in the open eventually. and we will all know the facts. I have a feeling there is more to it than meets the eye anyway :think:

People always find a way to critisize these days. To be honest, I know my parents used to leave me alone when I was little, asleep in a hotel while they nipped out to eat somewhere...you never ever think that something like that will happen, I just really hope that little Madeleine is found, dead or alive because the worst thing would be to have no closure.

xSuzx said:
I try not it think about whether they were wrong or not to leave maddie and her brother and sister asleep alone in thier apartment, as personally I don't think that it would have made much of a difference to whether she was abducted or not, as the person or persons that took her had most proberly been watching and waiting and most proberly would have got her anyway.
Maybe not from the appartment but maybe even when she was out with her parents somewhere like the local markets remember it only takes a second, some off you may disagree esp as we always have to have someone blame and the parents are the first in line and TBH I think her parents would be blaming themselfs enough.

Xsuzx

i agree they would have been waiting for them to take their eyes off her, they made a terrible mistake and they are the ones that will punish them selves all they need of us is support and prayers to help their little girl get safely back to them!!

budge said:
Then i think the parents should have the children taken off them and arrested for abandonment. They dhould be then dealt with accordingly.

sorry but what a truly awful thing to say. they made a bad judgement, one which they will punish themselves for the rest of their lives. god forbid you ever made a mistake.
if they do find her and reunite her with her parents your saying its in her best interests to be taken from them again??

at first i felt very sorry for the parents as i thought it was in the same building but after seeing how far away they were from the sleeping children :shock: its wrong it really is!

slagging them off is not going to bring her back but hopefully people have learnt from this. as i myself have let the kids sit in the front while i get our bags ready to go out etc. but i wont take that risk any more. i dont think maddie should be taken from her parents once she is found. but i do think the parents have learnt the hard way!!

i lite a candel and said a prayer for Maddie tonight xxx

dionne said:
hopefully people have learnt from this. as i myself have let the kids sit in the front while i get our bags ready to go out etc. but i wont take that risk any more. i dont think maddie should be taken from her parents once she is found. but i do think the parents have learnt the hard way!

I agree, it's been a wake up call for us all and will change us all forever. I've left my kids in the car before whilst rushing to post a letter, I won't do it again. I don't think anybody can say they are a perfect parent. To make statements about punishing the parents is futile. They will punish themselves enough.

i understand what everyones saying but they were left for 30 minutes its a long time and in a strange place i feel really bad for the parents but if a mum was to leave her kids alone to pop down the chippy in england at home and were 30minutes and the house burnt down or one of the kids woke and walked out the door im sure they would be critisied even imprisoned so
i can understand why they are being critisised anything can happen to three small children alone in 30 mins i wouldnt be able to relax and eat a meal also there were creshe and babysitting facilities at the hotel too.

i feel really bad for the parents as im sure they had no idea this was going to happen but in a way i feel they are lucky they are not having the other two children taken away.

im sure they will never do it again and hopefully its a lesson for all of us as i have left my kids in the car in the drive too whilst ive got stuff ready i wont ever do it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back