Blaming the parents won't bring Maddy back!!

I'm sorry but I have to agree with Budge, It is their fault the child is missing.
I really do feel for them, but my sympathy is with the poor little girl snatched by strangers in a foreign country and what utter horrors may have happened to her. They're her parents and quite simply they weren't doing their job. They left 3 children under 3 years old without any form of adult supervision. Its completely irresponsible, regardless of abduction, what if one of them had woken up/needed help/was sick/scared etc etc. There is no way I could have gone out for dinner knowing my children were completely alone. Hannah you are spot on, they should be thanking their lucky stars that their 2 other children after missing too.

Saying all that though, I don't think they should be arrested or have their children taken off them. They have already been through more than enough. They already know it's their fault.
I just hope that they find her :pray: :pray:

Yes i agree with budge too, it doesnt matter if you are only a few feet away from your childs room you should NEVER leave them unattended, they are only to blame for this, if they had just stayed in, or even fooking took her with them, she might not be missing right now, how hard would it have been to take her with them, i understand that us mummies need to have a break but i would want my child to have a proper babysitter at all times, every half an hour isnt good enough :x

i purposly stayed away from this topic as i personally think that the parents do not deserve sympathy.

Yes I feel sorry for them I cannot imagine how they feel, yet they put themselves in the position, whether meaning to or not, obvously they didnt want to come back to what they did yet how silly do you have to be?

3 children under 3 yet they thought it was ok to just leave them and yes i know they were going back every half an hour to check ... unnacceptable, get a pic nic tea, take the kids with them, were they not on a family holiday?

i understand they need a break but it is abandonment, people keep saying that it only takes a second for someone to snatch a child yet they were staying away for 30 minutes at a time

sorry but in my oppinion we wouldnt need to blame the parents if they had been there so yes it is their fault,

call me harsh call me a cow but when i made the decision to have a child i made that silent vow to protect my child with my life, how were they to protect any of those children when they werent under supervision?

I pray to god they find Maddy i do and i feel so sorry for her, I actually feel sorry for maddy i cant imagine how she felt in the arms of someone else not knowing where she was going or who she was going with and crying wanting her mummy, sod the parents that girl is the one who should get the sympathy she was 3/4 years old for chrsit sake!

and what good does any of this do? ok so we're all perfect parents, obviously, but what good does it do to get on the high horse and look down our noses at them and tutt tutt they are to blame???

Someone mentioned earlier that a newpaper suggested a lot of people blame the parents becuase it makes it seem more concrete that it will never happen to them. I agree totally.

We DONT KNOW all the facts as to how long they were left, how far away they were, all we have is media speculation, rumours and chinese whispers

Unless anyone can point me in the direction of solid proof that the parents were negligable, then I refuse to blame the parents in anyway shape or form.

For ANYONE to suggest that they should be arrested, or have the children taken off them, is just disgusting in my opinion. We dont know the facts so PLEASE stop pretending we do and putting blame where it just doesnt belong.

I agree with Budge and Dionne, I'm afraid they took a risk and it seriously backfired.
They will live with this for the rest of their lives constantly blaming themselves, 'what if and if onlys'
I think they were wrong leaving 3 under threes on their own, its like me nipping to tescos 20 mins down the road whilst they are a sleep - lots of things can happen to a toddler in 20-30 mins, they can die in less than 3 mins.

I no it not a nice thought and i really hope she is found but as the time goes on hopes are fading i feel.

Everything we do in life has a risk, and every so often we will get caught out, but if there is a life in risk would you really pop out for a meal..

I know i wouldnt - if i couldnt take my child with me then i wouldnt go, i wouldn't even leave my child with a baby sitting service.

We have such a sad society now that we can't leave anything without fear of it being stolen, vandalised, burnt broken in to.

They say it was forced entry and that possibly some one had a key, for all they know it could have been the baby sitter who took her out of the appartment, you never know with people you havnt met before :think:

glitzyglamgirl said:
and what good does any of this do? ok so we're all perfect parents, obviously, but what good does it do to get on the high horse and look down our noses at them and tutt tutt they are to blame???

Someone mentioned earlier that a newpaper suggested a lot of people blame the parents becuase it makes it seem more concrete that it will never happen to them. I agree totally.

We DONT KNOW all the facts as to how long they were left, how far away they were, all we have is media speculation, rumours and chinese whispers

Unless anyone can point me in the direction of solid proof that the parents were negligable, then I refuse to blame the parents in anyway shape or form.

For ANYONE to suggest that they should be arrested, or have the children taken off them, is just disgusting in my opinion. We dont know the facts so PLEASE stop pretending we do and putting blame where it just doesnt belong.

:clap: :clap:

i did blame them at first, but watching the news etc over the last few days its made me realise that no one is to blame really.. not one of us are a perfect parent are we, cos i know for sure im not, ive done things that i regret, as so have maddys parents..

the police havent got any leads, she has just vanished in to thin air as far as we can see.. its like ben needham all over again...

i hope and pray they bring her back safe and sound... :hug:

tbh i dont know the facts about this. But from what iv heard they left the kids alone in there rooms because a baby sitters service wasnt on the week they were there.
When my mum took me to spain for my 10th birthday i woke up the 1st night in apsolute shoke. I was in an unfamiliar place and no one was there with me. All i wanted was my mum and dad. If they werent there i would have been in a right state. They were only in the bedroom next door.
I wouldnt leave a kid of ANY age alone in a foreign country!! No matter how far away i was. :doh:

you shouldnt leave a child al9one full stop, it doesnt metter if you 2 mins or 10 mins away it shouldnt be done :doh:

I just don't think we need to go over this any more.
if anyone has learned the hard way it's the parents, I'm sure they don't need anyone else blaming them as they must blame themselves enough already.

As a parent myself now I do feel sorry for the couple but even more obviously I feel sorry for that scared little girl. My very first reaction was 'who in the right mind would leave their young children without supervision?' A Lady I know popped across the road whilst her daughter was in the house and she had started a fire and died.

I'd prefer to not have a break as a parent than take a risk like that, after all it's my job to do what is best for my daughter. Yes everybody makes mistakes but a blonde girl in Portugal is very rare and they are fascinated by blonde's, My sister went to portugal and men were asking if they could
take photo's of her 3 year old daughter because she's blonde.

Her parents diddnt just make a general mistake so I don't think you could ever compare what has happened to any mistake I have ever made. People do learn from mistakes, it's a huge mistake to learn from but thats a risk they took.

I dissagree with ''it could have happened while the parents were there'' but at least the children would have been supervised.

I have thought of myself in their shoes, I know I have never felt a fraction of what they must be feeling but I think i'd be suicidal if my daughter went missing.

That's my opinion and I hope her parent's prayers do come true and Madeline is retured safe and well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back