• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bladder

xshauna_bazx

Reaction score
As most of you know i have another 20 week scan in 10 days...i am worrying about holding my pee!!! Today i have been holding it longer to try and "train" my bladder...when i go to pee i stop and start again just to try and make my muscles stronger. Anyone have any ideas i could try? i have just drank a pint of water and am holding my pee for as long as i can. I hate being in pain from needing a pee :(
I went 2 HOURS before!!! Thats the longest i've went in AGES...probably years!
If i feel the need to pee just slightly ... i HAVE to go, this is what i need to get out of the habit of doing! I think it is the reason of my leaky bladder (TMI)
If anyone can help i would be greatful... you know any tips :D
Oh and you know when you have to pee a little for the scan if your bladder is too full...does it help after a while and the pain go or is it just as bad? i was too scared to wee a little bit last time in case it made me in more pain xxx

Crap i only lasted 40 minutes after downing a pint of water :( god knows what i am going to do... it might sound stupid but its really bothering me!!!

This is what you do....

1 hour before start drinking a fizzy drink and some water...right up until you leave before you go to the hospital go for a pee then when your in the waiting room have a cup of water. By the time you get called in your bladder will be full.

The above is what I did each time and on the scans my bladder was full. You don't need to hold in pee for an hour.x

Last edited:
Ahhh thank you hun...that sounds really good! How much water/pop did you drink? xxx

I was told I didn't need a full bladder for the 20 week scan. I went with one, absolutely dying for a pee... Thought I would wee myself getting on the bed for the scan. The nurse said it wasn't necessary and sent me to the loo! You should ring up and check, you could save yourself some discomfort. X

Just like a can of coke (to get the baby active) and a glass of water. Then I basically would start drinking that an hour before my appointment right up until I left...I would pee before I left too. Then when I got to the hospital I would drink a cup or two there- you en up waiting forever for your appointment anyway cos of naughty babies (which mine was cos it was lying in the wrong position).

Last edited:
Nanc, they couldn't see the bits today because the babies bits were in my bladder because my bladder was empty :( i wish i never had to have a full bladder.xx

I hope i can do it! I will try what you said...quite nervous about it as stupid as it sounds. It really hurts when i need a pee...so dreading it, i feel it spoils the whole experience. Can i not request an internal? xx

Nanc, they couldn't see the bits today because the babies bits were in my bladder because my bladder was empty :( i wish i never had to have a full bladder.xx

I hope i can do it! I will try what you said...quite nervous about it as stupid as it sounds. It really hurts when i need a pee...so dreading it, i feel it spoils the whole experience. Can i not request an internal? xx

Lol trust me the bladder discomfort will be better than an internal!

Just try not to work yourself up about it. If you need to pee you need to pee. Remember you woul have been drinking for an hour so you body will slowly be sifting that through your body...as you pee wee out, more wee is being created.X

Thanks hun i appreciate it. I will try this tomorrow morning to test it out. I need to train my bladder as i am used to going ALL the time, with the slightest urge to pee. To be honest i don't know if i will make it in an hour if i start drinking then. I'll see how it goes tomorrow anyways, as a practice! I have 10 days to practice lol xxx

if u r in pain i dnt think u should be holding it in at all, I never had a full bladder with my 20 week scan she said my bladder was half full and i was BURSTING!!!!!! i just sipped on a bottle of water on the drive to appointment im like u and cant hold it in and soon as i start thinking " i need a wee" its like i have to go lol. ur baby will be a little bigger by then to so i hope all goes to plan this time for u x

yes all you need to do is not go to the loo an hour before your scan so you could say go for a wee an hour before te scan then start your drinking :) this is all i do

An hour is hard lol...any drink goes right through me. Is is better if you down the water or sip? xx

An hour is hard lol...any drink goes right through me. Is is better if you down the water or sip? xx

You sound like you hve a bladder like mine so try my method. Strat drinking hour before....drink the whole hour and pee when you like. Then when your at the hospital have a couple of cups of water. As I've said, my bladder was always full.x

Thanks i will deffo be trying that seen as our bladders sound the same lol! :) xxx

I always have to squeeze the last bit out before bed lol. The very last thing I do before lying down is going for a final wee. Or before I leave the house I probs go twice as I don't want to get caught out. We once got caught in ba traffic and I had drunk a cup of hot chocolate in the car and by the time we got to place I was in agony...I remember looking out the window to see if there were any decent bushes that I coul go in- for me to even consider peeing by the aide of a busy road shows how desperate I was!!

HAHAHA ohhh god! I'm the same before bed and before i go out the house too ha xxx

Ha ha ha. At your age too - soooo funny! You'll be needing Tena Lady once baby is born at this rate. If you cough you'll be wetting yourself.
No seriously it's no fun if you can't hold your pee hun. I wouldn't down the drink all in one go as it hits & fills your bladder up all in one go, which makes you feel like you'll burst.
When I went for my scan (which was at 11.30am), I had a cup of coffee at 9.30am, then another at 10.15am & then had a couple of cups of water at the hospital. As long as your bladder is full it doesn't matter if it's juice, fizzy drinks, tea, coffee or water that you drink. As long as your bladder is full before the scan it doesn't matter. If you drink too much too soon you'll need to pee well before the scan & have to go. Don't start too early or drink too much in one go.
Start on pelvic floor exercises too & do them once baby arrives too as having a baby will only weaken your muscles more & make it harder for you to hold your own pee.

Sunnyb xxx

Who said i am not thinking about tena ladies lol! Trust me i think i need them :( weird at my age though!
Thanks hun i hope i last! Does everyones bladder take an hour to fill up? xxx

It depends how full your bladder is to start with I guess. But if you drink enough gradually on the hour up to your scan, then I'm sure you'll be fine. Tena Lady - fantastic invention! Everyone's bladders are different, nothing to do with age, but you can train yourself to go longer & longer eventually & just keep thinking you're doing it for bubs, no pain, no gain.

Sunnyb xxx

Thanks yeah i am trying to train my bladder...everytime i go to the toilet i pee hold it then pee again lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back