Bizarre contractions?!

KJL

Reaction score
Is it just me or am I totally bizarre...the same time every day for the past 3 days I start having BH's/tightenings. It's always about 6.30 and they come on really strong and regular and some really hurt. I keep getting excited and thinking "ooooh here we go" :cheer: it goes on through the evening and the night then it seems to die down by the morning :wall: It's driving me to insanity! I don't trust my body anymore and keep worrying that I'll actually go into labour and end up popping at home because I don't believe it's actually real :?

I feel just the same! I have learnt to ignore them now which like you say is scary if it is the real thing! :shock:

KJLorraine said:
I feel just the same! I have learnt to ignore them now which like you say is scary if it is the real thing! :shock:

At this rate we'll all end up having our babies at home :shock: :rotfl:

I seem to have tightenings just before I go to bed each evening - perhaps its when baby is most active.

Do you know whether its your body or your baby or both that starts labour?

I have been meaning to ask my midwife that question. What triggers labor off is it some sought of hormone???? :think:

nobody knows for sure but one of the theories is that the placenta slows down towards the end of pregnancy and becomes less efficient. At the point where it is no longer feeding the baby effectively it triggers labour off. Kind of like an internal clock.

Its really normal to have a pattern with B.H.....sometimes they are just working on that cervix getting it nice n ripe.......you'll KNOW when it starts.......believe me.. :shock:

Will be anytime now ......honest....... :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back