Biting and head butting

(Bex)

Reaction score
I am currently the owner of a biter!! and its getting worse!

Niamh is 15 months old and is doing it now several times a day, sometimes out of frustration and sometimes completley out of the blue. If she doesn't want to do something she'll have a massive hissy fit and sink her teeth in, if she misses then she'll head butt. She's only bitting me, OH and Kian but she'll head butt anyone :shock: even if they are just wanting a kiss! She is so unpredictable! We just keep telling her not to bite and move her away from the situation, is there anything else we can do??

The only plus is that because she has a problem with her jaw she can't do a proper bite so it doesn't hurt but its becoming a frequent problem.

Kian never bit anyone ever, so this is all new to me!

I'd just focus on giving any good behaviour (if she kisses, cuddles you etc.) loads of attention, but if she bites firmly say no (or nothing at all), place her away from you (not easy with a toddler, I know :lol:) and ignore it. 95% of the stuff we don't like is done for attention, so the less attention they get for it the better. If she's doing it to other kids you can also try immediately givng the child she's bitten loads of attention, but really overdo it with praise if she does something kind x

My step daughter once bit a kids face @ nursery. Was mortified!!! I'm with Sam's mum. Follow this method of praise/ and firm NO!'s. We did and she just grew out of it x

Hebe started with biting out of frustration for a short time and that's now changed into grabbing and nipping :( I agree wit Sam's Mum's approach.

x

Mine got frustrated too at that age (still does every now and then). As a comfort I can tell you it will pass - at the moment he's just lacking ways to express himself. Just make sure he won't hurt himself while at it.

With my son, it kinda helped as we afterwards discussed 'about that stupid little anger and how it's ok and that it always will pass'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back