Biting

chezzabell

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

I think im being really silly, but need some advice or need to know if anyone else's child does this. I know there are loads of kids around Alastair's age on here.

Anyway Alastair is biting and i mean really biting in frustration, temper and if he cant get his own way. He will try and bite anything or anyone! Yesterday i was in soft play and there was this little girl and he tried to bite her for no reason :shock: i was gutted, have to say Sophie has always been good. So of course Im certain he is going to have some behaviour problems, surley this cant just be temper???. I did mention it at his one yr check and she told me to icnor it until he is 2, how can i do that if he is biting now at soft play??

Has anyone else expreiced this??

I had a biter!! Seren was the same, would come up to me and bite if she was upset or angry, and bit a few other children too. What I did was if I saw she was going to bite I would intervene buit sometimes it was too late. I would say to her "no, don't bite. It hurts" and then make a massive fuss of the bitee and ignore Seren. If she bit me again I would say "no, you hurt mommy" and ignore her, till she came over and said sorry. It took a while but she soon stopped and we haven't had any other problems with biting or any other disruptive behaviour. It isn't a sign he will have behavioural problems, it is just frustration and is a normal stage some toddlers go through. Seren used to bite me and laugh - thought she was on her way to an ASBO but it did just stop. I got so much advice, usually to bite her back :shock: but I found that ignoring them after they have bit does work, after you have told them the behaviour is not acceptable. Good luck.

Stanley is just coming out of this too.

I think for a while he had some problems distinguishing between biting and kissing as he opens his mouth for both :lol:

It is nerve-wracking when you're in company, you have my sympathy. Stanley would be playing nicely and then he'd just lean forward (he always tries to bite children on the arm) and I'd have to jump in. I read somewhere it's a way of trying to exert authority as animals do :?

He seems to have stopped it lately though, hope Alistair does soon xx

Luckily Isaac hasn't realised he can bite people yet, I'm sure its just a matter of time though. Isaac's thing is scratching/hitting. There is a little girl at playgroup who bites and we just have to keep an eye on her. Her mum is lovely, she is actually the woman who runs playgroup, and she puts her little girl on the naughty chair when she bites and tells her no and makes her say sorry and theres not much more she can do. We all know that she's not a bad mum and her daughter isn't a horrible child. Its just a phase and its everyone at playgroups responsibility to keep an eye open so nobody gets really hurt and touch wood with a bit of consistant discipline and time it will stop. (she says)! :pray: lol

Lou :)

Hi

I have to think this must be a pretty normal thing
Kiara does this shes bitten me plenty of times but when shes mad she will bite the top of her hand ( wierd i know)
Katrina

Ruby is terrible for biting at the mo, only me though, she doesnt seem to bite anyone else...it really hurts as she has 8 teeth now...I say "no" in a really firm voice when she does it, but she just laughs at me :roll: I think she is a bit little to know whats right and wrong, but it really upsets me as she only does it to me....she pulls my hair and pulls my glasses off too :cry:

She has bit a little girl in nursery once, but thank God it seems to be a one off :pray:

I am hoping its a phase that will wear off :talkhand: :pray:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back