Flat head

Rosieroo

Reaction score
When Ella was born she had a cauliflower ear. This has gradually sorted itself out but is still a lot flatter than the other side. She also lies on this side constantly despite my efforts to get her to lie on the other side of her head. As a result she has a large very flat area. I'm worried that she'll end up needing one of those helmets to reshapen her head.

Is anyone elses baby like this?

My firsts head went flat but it was down the back, it did bother me but i didn't know that they could fix it so i left it. I never really noticed it fixing its self once her hair started growing but its fine now. Aimees head is quite flat now but thats at the back too. Don't know if it the same as at the side. I only heard about them helmets last year and didn't know it was common i just thought it was Jess being weird. Sorry I couldn't offer any advice!

Dom's is the same but gradually getting better now he has more control of his neck.

I started freaking out because Jack was only sleeping/ laying on his left side ond it was very flat, i can't remember Ems being so flat.

But now he has started sleeping with his head to the right it seems to be correcting itself, must admit i thought he was gonna end up with one of them helmets.

Just one more thing to make us new mums paranoid eh? :shock:

jo said:
Just one more thing to make us new mums paranoid eh? :shock:

Yeah too right, as if we haven't got enought to be worrying about!

I don't think I'd be so paranoid, but all the magazines that I seemed to read during my pregnancy had these little kids wearing helmets to make their heads 'head shaped'.

Reece's head is very flat on his right side. I've asked the health visitors about it loads of times but they've always said it's nothing to worry about.

However, my doctor noticed it a few weeks ago and immediately got me an appointment at the hospital to get it checked out. Can't get in till March though.

My doctor has said that Reece's head is likely to stay flat but he needs to make sure that it isn't squashing anything inside. (not his exact words but was summat similar) If it is causing him harm then he'll have to wear a helmet.

My mil bought us a special mattress which is meant to reduce flat head...not sure how. Though whthwer it has worked not sure as Seren hasn't got any flat spots but then she does move jher head a lot so it couldbe that...plus she spends more time in my bed.

A friends little boy had a flat head, as he has got older it has become less and less noticeable and he has n't had to have a helmet so hopefully Ella will be the same x

hi

Well my doc told me to reduce flat heads when your babies are awake try and let them have as much tummy time as possible, just making sure your with them at all times while they are on there tummys or even holding them on there tummys while they are sleeping throughout the day.
if you want during the day to have them sleep ont here sides with yoursupervision can help this as well.
Hope ive helped a little
katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back