Bit worried

Kerrykins

Reaction score
Sorry to rant but I'm a bit worried. I had flutterings from about mid 15th week on and off for a while but now haven't felt anything for about a week and a half.

I called my midwife yesterday as I had a few other questions anyway but her vmail said she wasn't working and to call another number, which I did but the person who answered the phone was a trainee midwife and couldn't answer any of my questions. She was asking someone else in the room too but from what I could overhear they didn't seem to be able to/want to help.

Apparently my midwife will be working at the local birthing centre from 9pm on Saturday night so I have to call her there?????? That's my trip to the theatre cancelled then.............

My sister told me to call the day unit at the maternity hospital so I did this morning to be told they don't let anyone in until 21 weeks and that if I was that worried to go to A&E or my GP. Well I'm having weird issues with my vision at the moment so have a GP apt this afternoon anyway so am going to bring it up then.

I'm just so disappointed with the midwife service. I called a couple of weeks ago to speak to someone and they are supposed to call back within 24 hours - I got a call two days late and the woman said "oh your well enough to go to work then!" really sarcastically...............

Fed right up!

Sorry, rant over.....

Try not to worry as the baby changes position and can make it very hard to feel at your stage, they also have quiet days too. Some people dont even feel anything until 20 weeks. It could be kicking your back so you wouldn't notice. Hopefully your doctor might set your mind at rest this afternoon, maybe they will listen to baby's hb.

I was feeling flutters there for a few days but have felt nothing since Tuesday - think baby is hiding LOL - hope the doctor puts your mind at rest x

Thanks guys. I know it's quite early, but maybe it's because it's twins that I felt them move before. I just don't feel pregnant at the moment, hopefully it's just me being paranoid.............

Leaving work in an hour to go to docs.....

Didn't realise you were having twins, would imagine it would be the same though. Good luck with the doctors app, let us know how you get on x

Bit of an update. I went to the doctors on Friday afternoon and he only had a stethoscope (sp?) but said he "thought" he could hear both of the heartbeats but wasn't sure and was too inexperienced to say for definite. So he called the hospital and arranged for me to go straight over. When I got to the hospital I was seen straight away by a doctor but with a doppler she couldn't hear both heartbearts, in fact wasn't sure she had heard one. So I had to wait about an hour to see the Senior Registrar and they started up the scan machine and had a look. And there they both wedre - waving away as if to say "what all the fuss about"!!!!! Phew!

Thankfully my Mum met me at the hospital as I'm not sure I would have been OK going through it all on my own. Did mean I couldn't pick the OH up from the airport as he'd been working away though but hey - priorities and all that.

K xxx

I'm glad they are ok! My LO was difficult to find a heartbeat at times at that stage too

Just makes you more paranoid doesn't it. To be honest, I was alright until my sister Thursday night was saying I shouldn't be so blazee (def spelt wrong - doh!) about it and better to be safe than sorry. By the time I got up (after sleeping terribly!) on Friday, I was completely paranoid..........

Just read this hun. Really glad all ok :hug: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back