Getting really fed up. :(

Monkey

Reaction score
My normal midwife only works 1 day a week and is usually fully booked before the week even starts. So I decided to call the community midwives at the hospital this morning. I am stressing about the lack of movements that I am feeling and just needed some reassurance or advice.

I phoned up and told them, they gave me the number to Triage and said I needed to talk to them. So phoned them and told them and they gave me the number to the Day Care Assessment Unit and said I needed to talk to them. Now I have been constantly trying for over an hour to get someone from the DCAU on the phone but it just keeps ringing out.

All I want is some reassurance that my baby is fine.
Sorry for the rant, but I am really getting stressed out and fed up. I don't know what to do right now.

Oh hun, just go to the Day Assesment Unit if you can, if you need reassurance, you should get it!

Hello hun, stay strong and patient, i know this is easier said than done thoug.
i thought id miscarried a few weeks back and needed reassurance but was just passed from pillar to post
. was incredibly frustrating. but luckily my aunt got me a private scan for fifty pounds and all was fine but once again i am worried as some symptoms have stopped and my belly seems so much less bloated.
i am sure everything is fine with you, keep strong my friend. x

That's awful hon, could you not try triage again explain no one is answering in the other dept and you are really worried, they might agree to monitor you, I've been told to ring triage if I have questions about movement and I'd be annoyed if they fobbed me off. If you can't get through on phone turn up at the hospital and demand to see someone. Hope you get somewhere and ur bubs is just being lazy xxx

Hello hun, stay strong and patient, i know this is easier said than done thoug.
i thought id miscarried a few weeks back and needed reassurance but was just passed from pillar to post
. was incredibly frustrating. but luckily my aunt got me a private scan for fifty pounds and all was fine but once again i am worried as some symptoms have stopped and my belly seems so much less bloated.
i am sure everything is fine with you, keep strong my friend. x

Thanks everyone, you are all so sweet. I finally got through to them and I have an appointment to go in at 11:30 to be monitored.

I'm so scared but at the same time I have a feeling when I get there she will move around and they will think I'm a hypochondriac and not listen to me in the future if I need them.

I'm glad they've got you booked in, I'm sure everything will be fine but don't let them make you feel like a hypochondriac as its better to be safe than sorry and ur doing the right thing getting it all checked, any change in movement should be taken seriously by the hospital even tho it is most times a false alarm :) let us know how it goes xxx

had a scare following some bleeding at about 22 weeks, went in and they were lovely, said they would rather reassure us pregnant ladies than have us worried and stressed.

Think they see it as totally understandable that we worry about our babies.

I have to say, they were absolutely wonderful there today. They hooked me up to the monitor for 20 mins and checked all the vitals.

I am pleased to announce that Bean Sprout has just been being a naughty and is healthy. She gave about 40 kicks in the 20 mins, but I could only lightly feel 5 of them. Her heart beat is strong and she is a real "mover".

I have been told that I'm to stop stressing, not just with the pregnancy but with all the stuff going on in my life and I also have to eat more. They were glad that I went in just to be monitored so I don't feel like I wasted their time (too much).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back