Bit Shocked!!

ZoeM1

Reaction score
:wave:

Hi Everyone

I fell flat on my face on the pavement on my way home from work today :shock: , and shook myself up a bit!!

I fell directy on my bump and face, and onto my little finger, which almost bent over the other way, from the knuckle!! :shock: :cry: :cry:

I didnt know whether to be more shocked about the fact that I mght of hurt the baby,or about the fact that my finger might have been broken :cry:

A really kind guy took me back to my work place and held my hand all the way cause I was sobbing!! (...and he was really good looking!) He thought I had been mugged!

I listened to my baby with my doppler and it's ok - It's also moving around alot as usual, so I'm glad about that. I called the maternity ward, and they said that if I get any pain, or a show, or any bleeding, I should go and see them. They were really great and said that if I was at all worried, I could go and get checked over anyway....however, I think we're alright, and I don't fancy spending hours sitting in hospital waiting.

Has anyone else done this? - I feel a bit of a prat now, and my finger really hurts :cry:

Zo

if baby is moving round as normal then i think you'll be fine.
babys protected in your womb and they are a lot tougher than we think!
i'd worry about your finger more - sounds painful :shock:

Hi

Yeh - it's twice the size of my other one!! and according to the firts sonographer, the baby should have been well protected, due to my 'increased fat pad!!' :rotfl: :rotfl:

Zo

Oh you poor thing! I do hope you're alright and it sounds like your LO is fine and well protected in there. Perhaps have tomorrow off work and relax.

What a nice guy for looking after you too.. not many people like that in the world these days unfortunately.

owwie ! yeh sounds like babes ok , but ouch for your little finger ! :hug:

:hug: ahhh I think some of us get more clumsy when we are pregnant, with my last one I fell down a couple of stairs in a shop, luckly I landed like a cat on my hands and knees. hurt my knees but at least we were both ok. watch out for ice, that will get me this time I bet, hopefully I will weigh bump and boobs out with a big bum for a soft landing. :rotfl:

:hug: My colleague fell over when she was about 5 months, right on her bump and busted her ankle, she was on crutches and everything but baby was fine..they're tougher then we think I reckon! :hug:

Ouch - :hug: to you and your bump. Sure they're more resilient than we give them credit for :D

Hope u are ok :hug:

I fele over last night and landed heavily on my knee - it is black now and so sore :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back