Bit of advice....

Pinkprincess23

Reaction score
Just after a general feeling ladies....my mum has cared for a little girl age 12 for the past 7 years....she tragically died on monday. Her family have her body at home noe untill the funeral. I wasnt close to the family but my mam and younger sis (who lives in germany and has flown home) is going to visit her body tomorrow. My mam normally takes my LO out on a sat for the day. My sis has said the 2 of them are going over to see her body once they pick my LO up. I dont know if im been selfish but I really dont want my LO going to 1, a place full of people she doesnt know and 2, its going to be filled with very very sad people! What can I say to my mam about her not picking my LO for the day or do you all think im been stupid?!

I don't think the family would want a young baby there either. Not being funny , but if people are grieving it wouldn't be good if your princess started crying etc and you can't control a baby's lungs. Also the fact it's weird lol xx

Yea I thought it might be horrible for the family too. Having a baby around when a child has just died! I just dont know how to say to my mam 'you cant have maisey till later in the day!'

Last edited:
I personally don't think it's a place for children anyway.

I understand people briging babies to funerals if they cant get them minded. But it baffles me anyone that would let a child (who understands) go to a funeral, personally I think they will learn in time and "gone to heaven" is enough of an explanataion without subjecting them to funerals xxx

Oh I dont think I made it clear....it isnt the funeral...her body has been brought home and my mam and sis are going to see her in her coffin.....im guessing lots of friends and family will be there and if my mam turns up with my LO they will be like WTF! I agree about children at funerals. It will just cause more distress.

Just be honest with your mum about it, you have good reasons to not let her go and your right its also not fair on the grieving family. Babies are really sensitive to emotions and upset around them and even though she won't have a clue what is going on she will sense the sadness and its totally understandable you don't want her taken to that kind of atmosphere, neither would i. she maybe only be taking her as she has her every Sat and don't want to let you down.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Just be honest with your mum about it, you have good reasons to not let her go and your right its also not fair on the grieving family. Babies are really sensitive to emotions and upset around them and even though she won't have a clue what is going on she will sense the sadness and its totally understandable you don't want her taken to that kind of atmosphere, neither would i. she maybe only be taking her as she has her every Sat and don't want to let you down.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Totally agree word for word!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back