Routines

Eveadel

Reaction score
Couldnt quite think of a heading subject for this.

Are you rigid in your bedtime for your LO??

Im quite laid back, we have taken her to a family party and get togethers and let her fall asleep in her pram.

My sister in law will not in anyway change her LO's routine he is 10 months old. She will decline on offers to come anywhere as she has to put LO to bed at 6pm.

It really depends on what she is like when she is tired hun, Rowan turns into a screaming pumpkin if he's not in his cot by 6.30pm but to be honest if he would fall asleep elsewhere I would take him out, its not much fun not having a social life and babies are so portable, why not I say.

Hi there,

Oliver is now 13 months old and although we do have a set routine for bed we do on occasion go out and take him with us. We go to watch the ice hockey which he now loves and take him about once a month. This means we get home at 9.30, he sleeps for half an hour on his way home in the car and then we put him to bed following his normal routine. It hasn't made any difference to how long he sleeps and he still wakes at 5am exactly for a bottle!! I don't think it hurts. Go with your own instinct I am sure it will work out. x

i am quite strict about bed times and ill not take hannah out at night if it messes her routine up, i even kept it up when we went to benidorm in october. it took me quite a while to get her into one i am not messing it up now. she is a bridsmaid for my sis in may but i will bring her home for bed

ewan is 17 month and yes we have a routine but we still go out once a week to see my mum and dad, and we get back at about 9.30 - 10pm.
Sorry but i wont let a baby dictate my whole life, ewan has always been very portable and falls asleep easily, the odd late night doesnt affect him at all, i just change him to a fleece sleep suit b4 we come home so i can the just put him straight to bed and it works for us.

I think everybody has their reasons for what they do but I also do not want my baby to dictate our life, it also doesnt affect Isabella if she goes to bed later or affect her the next day, etc.

The only time Jamie's routine is messed up a bit is when we're on holiday but then I try my best to stick to one. We have been out with him once at night time & that was Xmas eve to a friend house & we took the travel cot with us, he went to bed about 45 mins late but thats it.
I don't like doing it, I personally don't think its fair on him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back