• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bit of a strange question here....

WILMAFLINSTONE

Reaction score
......but......would/have any of you chosen names you liked then had a MC then got pregnant again and then called new baby one of the names you had chosen for baby you MC?

That my situation atm although not yet pregnant again yet but I kinda thought I should think of new names for if/when we get pregnant again as it sort of feels wrong to me to name a new baby with a name we chose for the baby I mc? Is that mad?

Anyone else felt like me??

Thanks xxx

everyone will prob have different opinions on this.

when i mc and found out i was expecting again i refused to keep same name that we had picked dh still liked the name but i told him i didn t feel right calling new bubs same name so we agreed to call him something different.

some people i know have put it as a middle name for a wee rememberence

Thanks Karen...yes a middle name might be an idea....like you I just feel like it would be trying to replace and forget about the baby we lost....no pffense meant to anyone who has maybe still kept a name they like for next baby just not for me....xxx

no i didnt keep same names i named the one i lost ashley as it was boy or girl and would not dream of using it again to me the one i lost was my baby and was named and new one deserves a name of it own x

I like the idea of using it as a middle day

Yeah thinks Im def sticking to how I feel....we hadnt obviously decided on a definate name but it will be just as much fun thinking of new ones....xxx

When I had the missed miscarriage I named the baby Olivia as that was the name we'd picked out so there's no way I'd even consider it now x I personally couldn't use it as a middle name either x

Hi Girls , I thought I would have felt how you did , and I fully understand why you feel this way, middle name is also a great idea.

Myself I can't cope yet with seeing the baby I MC'd with a full name - so I chose to remember of it simply as Angel. (not very original I know, but covers either sex and was not a full baby.

I don't know what it was, although it drives me mad not ever knowing), (so Ashley for yours Serenity is lovely).
Although I had my D&C at 11 plus 5 , I know it died somewhere from 9 weeks onwards.

I had already chosen Devon Rory for a boy, and that will remain for any next baby at the moment, but so you understand more, it was my decided boys name when I had my last child and I still feel there is a little Devon waiting to be born! part of me feeling not completely finished and starting again at 36! I had not decided on a girls name anyway, so that helps.

Oh dear , had to stop halfway through this post to get a tissue, funny how typing this sort of stuff can be like saying the things you dare not say! (I will see it as therapy!) X

i agree with all og the above, cos at the end of the day different people deal with this sort of thing in there own way.

i have to admit im with JJ Mum. i didnt name the baby i miscarried with, he/she was only 7weeks when decided to turn into an angel baby, i just used to call him/her baby bean as i didnt know what sex the baby would be.

ive always liked kaitlynn for a girl and blake for a boy and know that no matter what i will have either kaitlynn or blake running around in my house, this is why i called my baby "bean".

but then i know if i was pregnant again, i wouldnt call my baby "bean" this time round...i would name it "peach" lol....

so its a catch 22 really.

i think you should do what feels right and i do like the middle name suggestion x

We have started again with names, Archie was more of a bump name really, but probably would have stuck if it had been a boy, Mum asked if we were going to use it as a middle name for this one if it was a boy, and my reaction was almost that of being offended, if a bit over the top, to me it was a baby with a personality that I lost, and it wouldn't be fair to 'Pip' to be connected in that way, I am not sure how I will be with this one as it feels like a 2nd child to me already... whather that will pass in time I have no idea...

Hey EL, RW and JJ I totally get what your saying....David kate and I were talking about names again last night and Kate was also of the opinion that its ok to still use the names we liked for baby we lost as obviously we didnt know what sex the baby was and so we hadnt definately decided on a name....david was sort of like me....not wanting to use the most likely names we had chosen... Joseph Zachary or Martha Rose....so of all the names we did like I think those two are definately out....but thought of some more nice names so just waiting for our next BFP .....fingers crossed xxx

We weren't sure what sex our baby was when i mc as I had/have PCOS and never really had a period so even though we knew I was pregnant we didnt know how far gone I was (very long story and don't want to bore you all).
I don't know why had a strong feeling I was having a girl and we were going to name her Lavisa Betsy but if our baby was a boy we was probably going to call him Jayden James.
2 years on and finally managing to get pregnant again I still like both the names we had picked but I refused to use them, as like someone has said earlier I didnt want it to feel like we were replacing the child we lost or ease the pain/forget....(hope I'm making sense).
We have found out we are having a girl now and the only name I am considering of using is Betsy for her middle name and there are several reasons for this.
(1) That is the real name to my nan who passed away who I loved like a mother so would like her to have an input especially as she is not here with us now
(2) And I want there to be some sort of connection with the child we lost.

We already picked out Max or Tilly, and I dont think I'd have a problem using them again. I miscarried at 6 weeks and we didnt know what the sex was obviously. This is partly the reason why I dont want to know the sex of any future pregnancy until birth. Once the baby bump is named either way it will become a real person to me, and I dont think I'd cope with losing it after that as I didnt even cope very well when it was 'the prawn'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back