Bit of a rant, sorry >.<

amethyst_echidna

Reaction score
But WTF is the point of having a dating scan when it doesn't actually give you the damn dates?!! I've had two now and I'm still none the wiser. According to the scans I could have conceived any time between 3rd Feb and 21st Feb!! As LMP was unusual (late, and very light) and I've NO idea what day of my cycle I ovulate, how the hell am I supposed to know when I conceived?! Also, as a result, how the hell am I supposed to know the due date?!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Sorry, but it's SO frustrating - what was the bloody point?!!

AMETHYST

That is frustrating!!!

I can't believe they can't get it down to a smaller time frame than that for you.

What are they giving you as your due date???

Sorry to hear you've not been getting

I was a bit disappointed after our first 'dating' scan as all i was told and that was written on my notes was 'too early to date' :wall:

We had to go back for another 3 weeks later where I was told I was 13wks 1day going by size of baby so I must have been 10 weeks the first time round but was v confused at the too early to date thing, especially as others on here seemed to have been given accurate dates at much earlier scans. :think:

When was your last scan? If you had a 12 week one I'm surprised they didn't give you an estimated due date then :think:

Sarah x

coDoes it not say in your mat notes how many weeks they have dated you at? On both sets of my notes, it says how many weeks I was when I was scanned that should help you in getting your due date. When you know your due date work 38 weeks back and that should be when you conceived.

Hope this helps you hun :hug:

Xxx

Just to clarify - my first scan said 14 weeks 1 day (plus or minus 5 days), and that was last Friday. My second scan said 15 weeks 3 days (plus or minus 9 days) and that was last Wednesday. Apparently the second scan is the more reliable regarding dating as it was done by a trained sonographer. The due date for the first scan was given as 7th November, and the due date for the second scan was given as 2nd November. Going by the second scan date that means I conceived on the 10th (and by the first I conceived on the 14th).

It's just all this "plus or minus 5 / 9 days" stuff that's confusing me. Why is there such a huge margin of error? :?

Thanks everyone for all your help so far. :)

AMETHYST

I wasnt given any margin of error, i was told i was 10+5 and that was that! However being 10+5 fitted in perfectly with my LMP and there is a high chance i ov'd on day 14, however, the sonographer didnt know this, she didnt ask any questions, just did it lol.

I always thought the dating scans were quite accurate tbh, and they should have written a due date in your notes.

For what its worth, when i had my 20 week scan she measured perfectly for the date the dating scan gave me, plus or minus a few days here or there ( i think her head was a day ahead, legs a day behind, etc)

I know why it's important for you to figure out when you ovulated but you've have your amnio and it wont be long until you find out what your worried about, i do feel you're putting yourself under extra stress trying to figure out when your ov'd so much. :hug:

I had IUI so know the day I conceived. I've had 6 scans and they've all matched my date exactly for conceiving and my 21+4 scan was also exactly to the date.

I always thought it was quite accurate.

Hi there,

I am in a similar boat so to speak! According to my ticker these are my dates and I am not changing them makes me due 29th September, the hospital say 2nd October so back by 3. I had a private scan and ironically the lady who done it is the Senior Sonographer at my local hospital and she thinks my dates should be put forward by at least 5-7 days. Is there any science in this at all!

I am unable to give a LMP due to the fact I concieved after a miscarriage and did not have a cycle in between. The other ironic thing is the very FIRST scan I had at 5weeks gave my due date as 28th September!!

I hope you get some resolve I am not going to be none the clearer until the 3rd of June so until then im not even sending of me maternity exempton form just to be on the safe side.

Take care
Kathy

I have had two scans too without a clear due date!
I was told that I was around 6 weeks on the first, 28th Nov
Then I went yesterday and he said 12w 5 days then 12w 1 day Hmm so 21st Nov or 26th Nov? hee hee
And Im sure as anything when I have my 20 week scan I will be given a totally different date! And babs wont be born anywhere near any lmao!

it is so confusing these day, it was so much more straight forward and less confusing when I was pg with ds and they only did dating scans if you had absolutely no idea of when your last proper period was. They just took your word for it and took it from the first day of your last period. I'm sure I've been put at least a week too far forward. By their dates, I would have conceived during my last af :puke: I know for sure I didn't!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back