Still finding it hard....

SuziQ

Reaction score
with the going out, and not drinking alcohol malarky... :evil:

Spent all the times that we went out , to the pub, over crimbo, sober... whilst everyone else got drunk... .. and I STILL have a problem with it. Does anyone else feel like this?

New Years Eve - good example... a load of us went out for a meal... the food was poor... looked forward to a small glass of champers at midnight.... whilst everyone is drunk and dancing.. and I'm standing on the sidelines... Drunk old ladies trying to pull me into the CONGA.... :shakehead: they got a very evil 'get the hell off me stare'

And I went home at 1am.... Does anyone else begrudge their OH's going out drinking....

I am officially become a hermit since being pregnant, and get thoroughly fed up when my OH, is out drinking with 'my' friends, or 'our' friends, when I've gone home, after having my 1 unit. :-(

Does anyone feel like this?
I wouldn't change being pregnant for the world.. but.. will I stop being an envious evil moo soon??

Rant over.
x

to be honest i thought id have a major problem with it and so did everyone else but i can honestly say it doesnt bother me one bit, i have alcohol in the fridge and dont even fancy it

I don't mind not drinking in the least. Not that I did before I found out I was PG either. My OH is not much of a drinker at all either.

TBH we go other places than the pub where you notice people drinking/getting drunk more than elsewhere.

Maybe try some nights out with friends like bowling, cinema, meal out someplace, things where alcohol is not the focal point. Invite them over to dinner, so its more about the company not about how much people can neck down.

I must confess to getting really bored in pubs and can't be doing with them much anyways so its no loss. I don't find it any fun to get trollyed or even semi so nowadays.

i've found it annoying over xmas and new year and am glad to see the back of all the parties etc for that reason :(

i had some champagne at xmas and NY but didn't enjoy either of them really :roll:

don't worry hun, next year we'll be back with a vengence :rotfl:

me and hubby have never really gone out so its not too much of a problem
but he was drinking over the xmas period and i did get quite annoyed at him for drinking when i couldnt
manda xx

I find it hard too :hug: Im suprised as I didnt think I would.

Im fine usually, but its when OH gets pissed that it annoys me...and I let him know about it :evil: I wont stop being envious I doubt. Its not that I want to get legless, its just having the choice to have a nice Cosmopolitan or a couple of glasses of something if I want to that I miss. Friends seem to have dumped me too, they're always out at the pub and Im boring now Im pregnant :roll: I wouldnt change it for the world & Iv'e learnt pregnancy can be really lonely at times. Anyway, Im just going to have a nice drink to celebrate the birth I think which isnt that far away :cheer: :cheer:

x

I don't miss the hang overs :) i can drink like a fish but oh god ive never managed to handle the morning after :puke: . I miss going out though i dont get invited out since i became preggers. :( I miss my mates and the laughs we had on a night out. the last time i went out i tried my best and stayed out at a club till closing time but felt like hell i was so out of breath and tired (cant take the pase anymore) :sleep: My man is a compleate light wait and feel tired after 3 beers (old man) :bored: :sleep: and hates noisey pubs a few drinks at a quite local is his thing. Id be more likely to sprout wings speak pig language and dance on the moon then get him in a dance club. :rotfl: :rotfl: I LOVE BEING PREGGERS THOUGH I WONT THIS BABY AND WOULND CHANGE IT FOR THE WORLD!!!!

I've gone off alcohol so haven't really missed it at all. I could have had a glass of wine with my xmas lunch, and at new year but couldn't be bothered.
I haven't been out on any big nights out recently so haven't been surrounded by drunk people.
I'll be making up for it next xmas, I'll be having a few glasses of baileys and OH will be on duty listening out for the kids :lol:

tbh. I hate it. and completly with ya.

i cried myself to sleep (to wake actually) on nye/day cos everyone was so pissed in my family, shouting waking the baby, giving me 'im talking complete crap' advice etcetcetc ALLLLL night. (then a 4am hannah fot up for the 'day') and everyone one wanted to poke prod hold her while they couldnt stand themselves. omg. NEVER AGAIN.
iworked out ive been pregnant for about 15-16 months basically. Missed this year and last year.

i swear next year im NO GONNA BE PREGNANT and im gonna get so wasted. for a week. lmao. and im gonna piss everyone else off for once talking complete crap. ahahahaha.

i have complete sympthy hun.

rachelandjarvis said:
tbh. I hate it. and completly with ya.

i swear next year im NO GONNA BE PREGNANT and im gonna get so wasted. for a week. lmao. and im gonna p*ss everyone else off for once talking complete crap. ahahahaha.

i have complete sympthy hun.

I have already told OH he is not coming near me till after next Christmas :rotfl: tee hee

xx

Just wanted to give all you girls who are missing alcohol a hug :hug: :hug: :hug:

I never drank before hand so can't really sympothise but still wanted to give you all a hug :hug: :hug: :hug:

I thought I would really struggle but am thankfully okay. After the first trimester I thought I would allow myself a unit a week but found it tasted funny and I felt really guilty whilst I was drinking it then for the whole of the next day so I have decided not to bother. Unless I really fancy it I won't have any. DH has been hardly drinking at all. I was the real wine guzzler out of the 2 of us and without my bad influence he seems to hardly drink at all. So when he does go out after work he gets very pissed on 3 pints, it's highly amusing!

I am not missing it at all...

My DH started drinking heavily over christmas, for about 4 weeks... we had a sit down and a chat - i dont resent him drinking - and have no problem driving him to friends, but i do resent being kept awake every night due to snoring caused by 3 double whiskeys!!!

luckily he understood and everythings been good1

i had a few glasses of champagne over christmas, was very nice, i have to admit! but have no feelings regarding wine or beer... and i used to drink a lot before pregnancy...

It makes me ill anyway, was told I can have the odd drink, but then I feel sick (after half a pint of weak shandy!) It did my head in when I was last pregnant because it was ok to drink then and I went out and had people buying me drinks (not like a small shandy but vodka shots) and I just though dumb ass! Don't miss it this time, rather just sleep anyway!

I am Missing nookie, not allowed that either! yet! Also chocolate makes me ill and I cannot go shopping in the sales because nothing will fit me! all my fav things! *shakes fist* wouldn't swap it at all! :lol:

Oh no, why can't you have any nookie? :shock:

lol becs! I know! so bad! Placenta too low so no nookie, if baby does not move up then no nookie until after he is born! I even asked my midwife if I could have a 'O' Nope nothing! 5 weeks already! problem is it is like the forbiden fruit the more I get told no, the more I want it! :rotfl:

I would sometimes go out and not drink alcohol before was pregnant and no one could tell the difference :rotfl: I remember during a game of never ever that a friend commented on how drunk 3 of us were and that a 4th friend was still quite sober - she was on vodka, I was just drinkng slush puppies :rotfl:
I miss the occasional glass of red wine with a meal, particularly at occasions such as a friend's wedding. And sometimes when I'm with friends who are drinking I have a longing moment for a beer. But I made the decision not to drink at all from when we decided to conceive and I'm sticking too it. There are no disadvantages to me and lots of advantages to LO.
And anyway, my get up and go got up and went - I went to bed at 11pm on New Year's Eve :D I was at a party at a friends house so I heard when it was New Year because I heard them (which is very understandable) and I got ot wish them happy new year on my various trips downstairs to the loo :rotfl:

bobtheunfortunateone said:
lol becs! I know! so bad! Placenta too low so no nookie, if baby does not move up then no nookie until after he is born! I even asked my midwife if I could have a 'O' Nope nothing! 5 weeks already! problem is it is like the forbiden fruit the more I get told no, the more I want it! :rotfl:

NOTHING?? U poor poor thing.....
5 weeks already....

Move up baby!!!!

bobtheunfortunateone said:

OMG! That must be torture! I don't think I could survive a week without an O, let alone 5! :shock: I hope the placenta moves up soon!

I miss it too, especially over Christmas where I stuck to Schloer. My DH has been great though he gave up smoking and hasn't been drunk without me... even over Christmas :) I think I was probably a bad influence on him anyway :oops:

We used to go to a pub for the rock disco but I don't think Bump would be too impressed with mummy moshing :rotfl: Plus I'm way too tired and frumpy and I need atleast 1 pint of stella before I can let my hair down and dance :shakehead:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back