Bit nervous

Mrsbee

Reaction score
We have our early gender scan tomorrow and I'm sooooo frigging excited I was up crazy early this morning thinking about it. However I can't help but feel a tad nervous. 1) it's a scan I always worry about how little monkey is although I listen to the heartbeat every night and I'm pretty sure I feel him/her moving sometimes. 2) I think hubby might be a bit disappointed it he's a boy, he's adamant that baby is a girl and I was adamant it's a boy (to the point we have a £100 bet on it... Money going to into monkey's piggy bank.) 3) I don't think I have a preference but what if they say it's a girl or boy and I'm a bit disappointed? Obviously I want to point out as long as baby is healthy I don't care but I dunno. And I kinda feel a bit bad for feeling this way in the first place? :(

Hi mrsbee, I had the same worries with my early scan with this pregnancy. It's my 3rd and I have two boys already so I was desperate for a girl to 'complete' our family as this is our last baby. I found out at 17 weeks this little monkey was another boy and I was so disappointed and I'm not going to lie it sucked to feel like that about a much wanted healthy baby and I cried for weeks about it. More about how guilty I felt for my feelings and like I would be missing out on something by having a girl and a mummy/girly relationship. I'm now 30 weeks and I can honestly say that for the last 7-8weeks I have been excited to be welcoming another boy to my family and although I do still have a pang of what if it was a girl, I couldn't be happier. So whatever you feel after the scan please don't worry it won't last forever and it doesn't mean you love your baby any less. Good luck for your scan tomorrow xx

Good luck for ur scan tomorrow x
As Kanga said... Dont worry about how u feel after ur babys gender is revealed i'm sure as the weeks pss u will be excited regardless of the gender. I have mines too tomorrow im really nervous x

I'm so worried about this too! My first is a boy and I was gutted when we found out at 20 weeks. I cried and cried. Then I cried because I felt guilty that I had cried. I tried to blame it on hormones but it was just disappointment.

Now I'm pregnant with number 2 and I'd love a girl. But when I look at my scan pic to try and look for a nub and I think it's a girl, I'm disappointed? I really want a gender scan just to put my mind at rest but I'm scared I'll cry my eyes out if it's a boy. My little boy is amazing and I'll be so lucky to have another one just like him but I do worry about my first reaction.

Good luck, it's okay to cry if you want to! It doesn't mean that you love that little baby any less! Xxx

Don't beat yourselves up girls, just because we're parents doesn't mean we're not human!! We all have preferences but it doesn't mean we're bad parents. I was convinced this baby (my 4th) was a girl which I would have loved. Found out its a boy and I was initially really upset (I've 2 boys and a girl already). That was about 8 weeks ago and like others have said I've got over it and now can't wait to meet him. Good luck for your scans xx

Honestly its completely natural to have these feeling, i have 3 boys already, first time we didn't find out and it was a lovely surprise, 2nd time we found out at 20 weeks it was a boy and my DH took it really badly as he wanted a girl, he got over it within a few days and 3rd time round i can honestly say when we found out i felt really disappointed not that he was a boy just that i would never have a mother daughter bond that my friends all have. However my boys are all Mummys boys and i wouldn't change a single thing!!

This time around i'm crapping myself, there's so much pressure on me to have a girl, everyone keeps saying this is your girl, and your defo having a girl but i think its another tiny little man in there, will i feel slight disappointment - yes! but ill get over it and have another beautiful son to look after his mum when i'm old :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back