Birthing Like Your Mother?

In some respects yes...we both had to be induced as baby's growth rate had slowed down but also no as my mum had three quick labours where as layla took 27 hours to make her appearance :evil:

oh i hope part of this is true and part not lol

My mum was induced with me on my due date due to my apparent lack of growth, and i was 6lb 12oz, she had forceps and episiotomy, but it wasn't a hugely long labour.

My sister came 2 weeks early very quick labour and wiegher 6lb 15oz, dont think she had any new tearing with her

I'm hoping my little lady will be either on time or slightly early, and fingers crossed for similar wieghts, though she's always so bang on i think she'll be closer to 8lb. I'd love to avoid induction and episiotomy, but we'll see. At least none of my family have had C-sections so genetically there shoudl be no reason for one.

Could I just add ladies.. that when alot of our mum's were having us, things were alot different back then to how they are today... it's gettin better all the time but alot of your mum's (like my mum was with me) would've been induced as a matter of course after a certain point and this in itself would probably have caused complications (when my mum had me she went a week overdue and they induced her - she went from nothing to having me in 4 hours twenty minutes ouchy!!!!) I was nothing like my Mum - I had eclampsia unfortunatley :( So try not to worry too much that things are gonna be like they were when you were born cos I reckon things are alot more "mum" focussed these days ;) and they don't seem to like inducing you these days unless there is a bloody good reason for why :clap:

yes my birth was similar to my mums i think. we both gave birth on our due dates, we both had quite short labours for first-timers, our babies were similar weight (i was 6lb 12oz and my daughter was 7lb 7oz) and we had similar pain relief just gas & air. my mum and i are both the same size too 5'4" with size 4 feet we're only wee!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back