• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Birthing centre

kerry5a

Reaction score
Anyone going to a birthing center? What was your reasons? Also anyone have the chance to go to one but decided not to? I know it depends on your pregnancy if they let you or not... But would you? We have a brand new one opened 2 min away, and the nearest hospital is about 25 min away (down country roads in jan so could be a lot longer) I love the idea of my own bathroom, and double bed so OH can stay, but I have what if's too...:dohh:

Last edited:
Never even knew you could get such a place!! Wow what a great idea. I guess they have loads of highly trained staff and are ready for most eventualities. I live in middle of nowhere more or less, in south scotland, if I had a luxury like that on my doorstep Id definitely be finding out more and having a good think about it. The hospital isn't really that far away.

they r gorgeous places to give birth but only thing is they dont have doctors or theatres incase of emergency,ours doesnt even have the monitoring straps they put round your belly to constantly check contraction stregnth or babys heartbeat,just a normal doppler to listen in every now and then.xxx

I would love to go into our birthing centre HATE hostpitals but apparently cos im a chubby mummy I have to go to hostpital as im considered high risk!! Suppose if anything goes wrong im in the right place but they do sound great and relaxing etc I would have gone if i could, dont think they offer epidural though do they? Or round here they dont! XX

Hi girls, that's what worries me. If anything wasn't to go to plan I'm still 30min away from a hospital... Everything else seems perfect... Don't think they do epidurals here either. Touch wood I'm still low risk, but got my GTT in a week, so might even have the choice made for me :( have been very good with my no sugar diet since finding out I was pregnant (was diabetic with my first) so fingers crossed it will be fine x am I just being silly? Don't want to give up something other people wish they could have x

I had my first in one and will be having my second there too if I don't have a home birth. They don't offer epidueals but I didn't mind I was in the same room from being admitted till I left I had at least one mw with me constantly. I had the same worries as the hospital is half hour away, they checked heart rate regular with doppler. My los heart rate dropped dangerously low they had ambulance and resucitating machine ready just in case but they weren't needed. They knew what to do, they made me change positions which didn't work so gave me episiotimy to speed up delivery.
I had a healthy boy and my oh at myside from start to finish. I would recommend it.
Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk

Thank you lesleyann you really have helped put my mind at rest. I know I'm lucky and my OH loves the fact he can be with us too. Always been a what if person X thank you, you lovely ladies x

Im hoping to go to a birthing centre. My reason is that the local hospital is a fithy hell hole. The birthing centre is actually further from the hospital than my house is, but MW said they dont like you to have a home birth when its ur first because you can only have a mw in the final stage.

xxx

No problem, they were really supportive after too and help you bath baby and with breastfeeding etc if you need it too.
Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk

I just wrote a thread about this in Tri 3. I was determined on using a birthing centre, as it's within the hospital and the regular delivery suite is across the hall in case of complications.... but then I read about no epidurals! I don't know if I'm up to it!

I love the thought of it - but there is none near me! It seems so much more relaxing , and if you dont want an epidural beforehand then when it actually comes to it you wont ask because you know it cant be provided.

xxx

Good point levi89 I did a 23 hour labour with Chloe on just gas and air (although did scream for one at the end, but was told its to late now) so I'm hoping I can do it again. Just nerves about being away from a hospital I guess, the rest really does appeal to us! X

We have just had 2 brand new ones built near me. One is in the town centre which is about 5 mins away and the other is a bigger centre that's 15 minutes away. I'll be using one of the two and the rooms did look really lovely and modern even if the whole thing did scare me lol!

Good point levi89 I did a 23 hour labour with Chloe on just gas and air (although did scream for one at the end, but was told its to late now) so I'm hoping I can do it again. Just nerves about being away from a hospital I guess, the rest really does appeal to us! X
When is it considered too late? :hug:

To be honest I have no idea!! I was slightly out of it with the gas and air, and only remember hating her for it lol! Good question to ask though! I'm sure I was pushing at the time x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back